Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Sep 1, 2012, 02:51 PM
    Getting Mail for other people
    I moved into my house (which was a foreclosure) a year and a half ago. We get mail for tons of different people every single day. It's not just junk mail it's mail you would think they would want and you would think they would have had it forwarded such as cc. bills and we even got a court notice for someone. There are several different names, not just one family. I would say about 10-12 different people's mail ends up in our mailbox (their name, our address) Most of the mail (junk) we throw out, and the stuff that looks like it would be important gets a return to sender note on it however I want to put an end to this as we recently had someone knock on the door looking to serve one of these people we get mail for. With the court notices and people trying to serve someone I'm nervous the wrong people will end up at my door and hurt my family. Does anyone know what can be done about this? Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2012, 02:56 PM
    You keep sending it back, send back all of it, buy a rubber stamp. Over 5 or 6 months it will slow down but you will stll get some mail one to two years in the future. I bought a home and I still get two or three letters this last year and it has been 5 years.

Bill collectors send to the last known address, and will have papers served at the last known address.

Why would you think people would show up and hurt you or your family over mail being returned ? The jump in logic is just not there.
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Sep 1, 2012, 03:28 PM
    I don't think someone would hurt us for mail. I said that because the court tried to serve papers to our address to someone who doesn't live here. I don't know who they are or what they did. For all I know they were a drug dealer and could have someone looking for them, I don't know.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 1, 2012, 08:55 PM
    You go to the local postmaster and ask that all mail not specifically addressed to you be stopped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A customer calls in with an e-mail issue. Mail flow is working internally, and has [ 0 Answers ]

. A customer calls in with an e-mail issue. Mail flow is working internally, and has been validated already technically. The user is having trouble sending an e-mail to a particular user on a large e-mail hosting service like Yahoo or G-Mail. The SMTP bounce back error is an undeliverable 5.3.0. It...

How could I receive mail alerts on my mobile,for every incoming mail in my outlook [ 2 Answers ]

I am using outlook 2003. I want to receive entire mail or the alert for the incoming mails on my Nokia phone .

Great Auto Response mail for Employee Suggestion mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As part of HR, I take care of the Suggestion Committee which encourages employees to post their suggestions through mail. The ideas are chosen after a period of 1 month by a pre-designated Committee. For every suggestion, we have to give a positive, motivating response in our...

View more questions Search