Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12buddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 11:26 AM
    Semi pedestal sink
    Can I fit semi pedestal sink if pipes rise up from floor. Will I need false wall to hide pipes. Bathroom fitter suggests I have vanity cabinet, but not keen.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 1, 2012, 12:42 PM
    What pipes? Water? Drainage? Both? No matter, Your pedestal lavatory (see image) is exposed and if you want a professional looking job you will have to open up the wall and bring the pipes out from there. Your only other option would be to install a vanity. Good luck
    Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pedestal sink has poor aesthetic [ 4 Answers ]

The pedestal sink was finally installed and it looks terrible. Entering the bathroom from the hallway the pedestal hardly conceals the drain line; can anything be done at this point or do I have to remove it and settle for a vanity with a drop in sink.

Pedestal Sink Question [ 2 Answers ]

The question I am asking you have already partially answered it has to do with a pedestal sink in a basement with a floor drain. You stated that you would need the distance of the pipe from the wall and the distance of the sink drain from the wall. Sink drain - is about 8.5 inches and the main...

Pedestal sink [ 5 Answers ]

Hello My husband and I are renovating our master bath, we'd like to take the small sink that we currently have and install 2 pedestal sinks, his and hers, but the problem is that we have never seen this done anywhere else, we always see doble vanities but never 2 pedestals sinks design. We...

Sink pedestal to go around pipes 8 in. Apart [ 3 Answers ]

Are there any sink pedestals out there that have open backs (I know Kohler does not) that can fit around pipes that come out of the floor that are 8 in. apart. The inside of the pedestal base would have to measure 8 or more inches in order to fit around the pipes. We know we can use a vanity...

Supply Pipes Under Pedestal Sink [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a new pedestal sink. How close to the wall do I cut the copper supply stub outs? I would like to make it as attractive as possible by coming close to the wall, but don't want to burn down the house in the process. Thanks - Dennis

View more questions Search