Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda panda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Chest
    A sharp,shooting,numbing pain in arm pit going to the center chest and back down the right arm what should I do
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2012, 04:52 PM
    Pain of this sort can be many things. A doctor might start with the most common exams, feeling your armpit for swollen lymph nodes, and having you raise and rotate your arm and turn your neck to see about pinched nerves. A woman might want a mammogram if she hasn't had one.
    Make an appointment and meanwhile soak in the tub for an hour, or use a heating pad with a damp washcloth between you and the pad, and gently move your arm to see if it still hurts after applying heat. Take tylenol, or ibuprofin if you can tolerate that.
    If the pain persists and tests don't reveal what it is, consider a good chiropractor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hello mam I have a chest heaviness problem.if I sleep straight on my back my chest fe [ 1 Answers ]

Hello mam I have a chest heaviness problem.if I sleep straight on my back my chest feel heavy and breathing problem somtime its burning also I want to know is their any problem.one more thing I feel chest heaviness but not pain.please help me.

Chest [ 1 Answers ]

Burning in chest Burning in chest

Just getting it off my chest. [ 11 Answers ]

On 3/30 my friend died unexpectedly of a heart attack. On 4/7 my cousin was taken to the hospital - his wife thought it was a stroke but it ended up being a massive brain bleed. They had to remove the top of his head to clear it out. He is now in hospice. He will leave this planet any day...

What can be done for chest pain feels like my heart going to break threw my chest [ 2 Answers ]

I was sleeping I woke up to take some pain pills for my back. Two hours later I woke back up and it feels like my chest going to explode

View more questions Search