Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seordin Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Yaz vs. Mirena: health benefits (skin, hair, nails)
    What is the difference between an oral hormonal contraceptive like (e.g. Yaz) and an intrauterine device hormonal contraceptive (e.g. Mirena)? The reason I ask is that my girlfriend was told by her gynecologist that the pill was a better option than the IUD, stating that it would help her skin, hair, and nails, whereas the IUD doesn't deliver the hormones the same way so it wouldn't have these benefits. What is your take on this matter?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2012, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seordin View Post
    What is the difference between an oral hormonal contraceptive like (e.g. Yaz) and an intrauterine device hormonal contraceptive (e.g. Mirena)? The reason I ask is that my girlfriend was told by her gynecologist that the pill was a better option than the IUD, stating that it would help her skin, hair, and nails, whereas the IUD doesn't deliver the hormones the same way so it wouldn't have these benefits. What is your take on this matter?

My "take" is to believe a trained Physician over what strangers on the Internet think.

If you read the warnings and info Mirena is absorbed directly into the blood, does not pass through the digestive pact. Mirena, therefore, has smaller dosages of "hormones."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does GNC's futurebiotics hair skin and nails vitamins work? [ 4 Answers ]

Does GNC's futurebiotics hair, skin, and nails vitamins really work, and is it safe for teens, if not is there any vitamins for teens to help me to grow my hair long?

Dr.velo products? Skin,hair,nails [ 1 Answers ]

Can we buy the "Velo"skin,hair,nail.vitamins online?

Am I eligible for VA Health Benefits? [ 2 Answers ]

I served in the US Navy for 6 years during Vietnam. I have now been out of work for 13 months and my COBRA coverage has expired. Am I eligble for VA services, particurly Prescriptions since I am diabetic and need Insulin.

Lump the size of a small nails head side of my nose under skin what is it? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 14, and I have a very small lump on the side of my nose,which I have only just noticed, you can't see it, it is under the skin, can you please tel me what it is and what I should do??

Health Insurance Benefits [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I file health insurance benefits we paid for an independent contractor?

View more questions Search