Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vallurupallic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 12:38 PM
    Opt am I eligible ?
    Hi,
    I am a f1 immigrant and I completed two semesters of graduate study in university of north Texas. Later I got a academic suspension because I could not maintain my gpa and then my sevis was terminated. I later moved to virginia international university. I attended UNT for fall 2011 and spring 2012 as a full time student. I got my sevis terminated after spring semester and I went back to india. I applied to viu for fall 2012 and came back with a new sevis. Now I got most of my credits transferred from unt and I did one online course from india (summer semester from viu) and now I enrolled as a fulltime student at viu for fall 2012 semester. I would complete the requirements for masters degree from viu by this fall 2012 semester. Now am I eligible for opt ? Forums state that the student should complete at least one year of study in usa as a fulltime student which I have already completed. My doubt is whether the termination of sevis is a problem or not. Please help me.

Thank you

Check out some similar questions!

How much tax eligible for F1 opt [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I got hired as an contractor and my recruiting firm is charhing me 30% tax , my previous emplyer used to charge me only 13 % , I am on OPT can any one tell why they are charging 30%

F1 OPT H1 Scenarios. 1040NR Eligible for Stimulus [ 2 Answers ]

Many CPA even Indian CPA are filing taxes for people as 1040 and makes a stimulus claim. I have a friend with a case similar to me Entry in USA F1- 2006 July Change of Visa: Opt to H1b October 2008 Fulltime Job from August 2008 to Dec 2008 and SSN/Medicare not deducted. The CPA made him to...

Is F1 OPT eligible for Flexible spending account - child care? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently on F-1 OPT visa, working for a company who provides FSA. I have a son who was born in US. Am I eligible for FSA - child care expense for year 2009? Thanks.

Optional Practical Training (OPT) eligible to be employed as Assistant Professor? [ 1 Answers ]

I have Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Employment Authorization Card ((F1 VISA status). Am I eligible to be employed as an Assistant Professor at University? Thanks for answering!

Is an OPT student eligible for a tax treaty? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been a graduate student between 99-05 (Dec) and used an OPT after graduation full last year (Jan 2006 - Dec 2006). Before my OPT started, actually I returned to my country for a vacation and applied for a new F-1 visa on Jan 2006 for an entry to US. So far I filed only 1040-NR using a...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.