Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billcorkery Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 12:10 PM
    What chance
    Had a sales job where they told up salary for 5 weeks then all commission. Tried my dead level best , just couldn't cut it as a salesperson. Made200 a month or so the last three months. Company still required being there 4 days a week plus appointments. Spent 100 a week in gas . Lost money every week so I quit. Unemployment said because I knew it was , after 5 weeks of salary, all commission they denied my claim... filed for arbitrating. What advise can you give please help thanks bil
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 12:43 PM
    Your chances are slim... very slim. Quiting your job almost everywhere is grounds for denial of benefits.

However try to use that point that you wan't making money you was losing it. Maybe if you present it right you can get a sympathetic ear.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Your chances are slim....very slim. Quiting your job almost everywhere is grounds for denial of benifits.

However try to use that point that you wan't making money you was losing it. Maybe if you present it right you can get a sympathetic ear.
    But the fact you were there only 3 months? Is going to be a bigger problem... you have to work for a sertain period before you qualify for benefits... do you have a work history from a previous employer or was this your first and only job?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Do you have employment before this to base quarterly earnings on or a post unemployment filing to renew ?

The fact they required you to work specific hours and days is your best argument, Argue that this should not have been a 1099 position ( commission) since they had required hours to work. Also report and turn it over to the Labor board asking for payment of at least min wage for the hours worked, since unlike a true 1099 position, you were required to work specific days and hours.

But commission sales jobs are not covered under unemployment or workers comp, so normally you would not be able to get it,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I really have a chance with her? [ 1 Answers ]

So I'm 19 and after graduation, I moved down to LA to live with my older brother, so obviously I'm new to everything here and don't know anyone. Anyway, my brother takes me out one night to one of his co workers kick back thing and his co-worker is a girl(jessica) who happens to be gay and so is...

Probability of 20ml of rainfall when 13ml chance is 87.7% and 16.9ml chance is 40.9% [ 5 Answers ]

Farmers in District D know when to plant and harvest because rainfall follows a particular pattern which repeats itself every seven months. Weather records for this particular area indicate a normal distribution as far as rainfall is concerned. The records further reveal that the chances of at...

Is there a chance? [ 118 Answers ]

I had to have an abortion July 31 because I went for an ultra sound and I was suppose to be 18 weeks when they told me I was only 14 an a half they had told me that there was something wrong with my baby.. that I would have miscarried no matter.. what but I wanted my baby more then anything.. as...

My last chance! [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know the name of a movie from the late 70's early 80's. It was about a black family held hostage by convicts. The Father was a preacher. They beat him with the bible. The little kid had a friend and their password for help was hotdog. It had something to do with tables turning. The...

Any chance at all? [ 1 Answers ]

Two incidents during this time have got me worried a little. 1) One time me and boyfriend were rubbing against each other, though were both fully clothed, with at least 3-4 layers of clothing between us. I don't know whether he ejaculated or not, but later I got worried because his penis was...

View more questions Search