Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenny219 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Underage possesion/consumption charges
    I was given a citation for underage possession/consumption in the state of Georgia. The officer wrote on there that I only had 2 beers that night. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the usual punishments where for that charge and if I really truly need a lawyer because I am a college student and really do not have the money to be getting a lawyer unless absolutely necessary. Thank you for any help you would be able to give me!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Hello jenny:

Yes, it was only two beers. And, they probably aren't going to do much about it. However, it isn't the immediate problem you need to worry about. It's the longer term one. If you can achieve a disposition that doesn't leave any permanent marks on your record, that would be ideal. I think you need a lawyer to accomplish that.

excon
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Apr 18, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Georgia is getting a little tougher on underage drinking, especially in college towns, mostly due to the bad publicity.

My friend's son (who had a BAC of 0.02- or about the equivalent of a slug of Nyquil) has his driver's license suspended, 100 hours of community service and 9 months probation. And he has to be very, very careful to not have any alcohol related moving violations for 5 full years otherwise a formerly misdemeanor DUI will become a felony.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electricity Consumption [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was on holidays and surprised to see our electricity bill. My wife told me that mostly our bills are double to the bills of our neighbours and relatives. We are getting bills of double the amount of many of our neighbours and relatives who are using the same number of lights and...

Possession of paraphenelia 1st offense in slo county, ca [ 3 Answers ]

A couple of my friends were extremely drunk in public and the cops came and arrested them. After they areested them they asked to search my purse. They found a marajuana pipe, less than a gram of pot, a pill bottle of powder that did not test possitive for any illegal drug, and a meth pipe. I...

Business possession [ 2 Answers ]

We have a small business and have been building some products for a customer for 6 years . We have found ourselves unable to continue building the product and have offered to sell the customer the molds, which were given to my husband in lieu of payment by his ex boss before that business went into...

Underage Consumption Citation [ 5 Answers ]

I received a citation last year, in Murfreesboro TN, and the probation is over in march. While getting a ride home a few nights ago, we were pulled over. My friend, who was driving, told the cop that he had been drinking, the other passenger as well as I told the other officer we had not been...

MIP/Consumption [ 2 Answers ]

My 19-year old son has received a summons to appear in court for MIP/Consumption of Alcohol by a minor. We have never been to court for anything. I will accompany him. What should we expect? Are there questions we should ask? Will he have a "record?" I'd appreciate any help you can give us. ...

View more questions Search