Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kira123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 12:44 AM
    My dad committed suicide 4 years ago but I feel like I'm only feeling the pain now
    So my dad committed suicide 4 years ago (when I was 9)... I am now 13... I read the letter he wrote me regularly and it makes me angry because I don't feel like he gave me enough detail and personal stuff... or memorys or anything... he also added two lamited photos and a book that I don't understand.. its like an atlas or something and a locket that he did give me before he died. He also had like a fling in the complex but I don't think it turned into anything because he was depressed and didn't have enough space (as it says in her letter) I just sometimes feel like he said the same wording that he gave the Flings child except with no love you. Her dad did die but all he really said was don't blame yourself.
    When I was 9 and he first died I didn't really feel sad. It was more tear tear done get on with life.. he died on 26 September so it was a Friday and on the Monday I just went to school with a smile on my face.
    The next year I felt sadder but it was more he did it for a good reason.
    In grade 5 I kind of forgot about it well stopped talking about it
    In grade 6 I would think about it and be a little bit angry but never that much
    But this year I'm so angry... I slleep later than I should, I know its because I have dreams about him and everything... I'm angry when I think of thim.I just feel like swearing at him up in heaven or hell wherever... I put the radio up on loud and I hate thinking about him but I can't stop? I hate going to phyciatrists even though I want to be one when I grow up. I just feel so angry and indenile at the same tijme.. like did I ever even have a dad?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2012, 12:53 AM
    We all grieve at different times and in different ways. It is very possible, after many years at times I see something about my dad that reminds me of him and still mourn.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira123 View Post
    ... i put the radio up on loud and i hate thinking about him but i can't stop? i hate going to phyciatrists even though i wanna be one when i grow up. I just feel so angry and indenile at the same tijme.. like did i ever even have a dad??

Everyone grieves in a different way. If there were problems in your relationship it is unreasonable to think that his death would/will change that.

Why do you hate thinking about him? You have to think about it in order to work your way through the issues.

Have you seen a Psychiatrist before? If you hate them it is a bad career choice for you - obviously.

What are you in denial about? I don't know if you ever had a Dad. That's something you need to work out. If your father suffered from depression, maybe he did the best he could do under the circumstances?

Grief is individualized. What "works" for me may not be the answer for you. I think you do need to speak to someone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I fell in a tub years ago hurt my upper right arm still get pain keep me awake [ 2 Answers ]

I fell in a tub years ago still get pain in right upper arm keeps me awake

My dad committed suicide [ 1 Answers ]

My dad committed suicide by hanging himself a few years ago and on that night I was In a different country I had a dream that I was being strangled, I have no spiritual history. But since this I have felt like a part of me died with him and I have moments of intence anger within myself, What makes...

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

Had a tubal ligation 9 years ago but am feeling weird lately [ 2 Answers ]

Had my tubes cut on Sept 2003 and so far so good but me and my husband live in different states now and well After 6 months with no sex on both our part we had sex Jan 8,9,10 but my last day of my first period was Dec 31 Now my breast hurts and I'm cramping like no tomorrows there's no way I...

Tubes tied 2 1/2 years ago... Feeling weird [ 0 Answers ]

Hi. I had my tubes tied almost 3 years ago, I'm currently 28. They were tied a month after my c section. I normally have extremely heavy periods. For about a month now I've had a bad gag reflex and have been more tired than usual. 7 days ago I started lightly bleeding mostly dark blood (only...

View more questions Search