Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CiviCity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Need help, broke up with girlfriend.
    Hey,

I'm really seeking for some help and support.

Back story: me and my girlfriend met in high school. We were friend for a few months and then things got serious. We dated for almost two years... next month :(.

We started having some arguments and not talking to each other for a few days for maybe 2 months now. It's a roller coaster. Sometimes it's fantastic, some others, we feel like killing each other.

Today, she decided to tell me that she sees me more of a best friend than a boyfriend. That the activities and stuff we do are similar to the ones she does with her friends. But for me, it's different. The stuff I would do with her, I would never do with a regular friend...

She said that she cares about me more than she cares about her mom (only family member). Now that I'm writing this, I also realize that for the past few days, she hasn't been saying ily or anything like that.

I have Poured my heart out to her and she agreed to have this "time out" of 2 weeks where we won't be seeing each other or talking or anything and that she will rethink about everything. She said it's a 50/50 chance. But she also told me to not keep my hopes up :(. (it's not so fair anymore.. )

I still love her so much. We had bad moments but the good ones still made me believe into this relation.

If this helps, she just started cegep and got a part time job. We would see each other every Tuesday and some Thursday's. She said times are difficult and stuff but we were able to organize our schedules.

I really don't know what to do. I need some help please. She is my first girlfriend and I was her first serious boyfriend (her ex was suicidal).

Also I don't know if this helps, but she always used to say that she doesn't believe in "hope" and stuff like that. Also, her mother always used to tell her that she deserves better than me but my girlfriend, or ex, used to tell me that she doesn't listen to her mom.
    John Bold Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Dear young guy,

As a 30 years old person who had hundreds of dates in his past, I can tell you that there is no hope for your situation.

When a girl/woman starts talking like that, that means that's it. If you are lucky you can extend that breaking up period by few days or weeks(the most) but it's not going to work in the long run.It will only work in a way to hurt your feelings and causing you a deep pain.

If I were you ( actually I was in your situation many many times), I would just look for somebody else. This way at least you would get respect/attention from your girlfriend.

Once they are in that mood, there is no way of changing it back...

Good luck, don't think about it...
    mizzsuperunique Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2012, 11:11 PM
    Okay I'm a 17 yrs old girl.. and she's going to breakup with you she's just trying to let you get pepared for the worst so it won't hurt so much in the end. But if or when she do.. let her know you was there for her and make it easy for her and you but also let her know she a Bi*** for putting you threw this the best way as possible...
    membrane Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 03:25 AM
    Hey
    I can understand,but the way I see it she wanted to move on so she did... now you must move on too...
    Life doesn't stop because she isn't in your life,go out have fun with friends, cath random movie ,keep yourself busy. If she wants to be your best friend rather then girl friend so be it just keep your distance at arms length and move on.
    LOLlover Posts: 67, Reputation: 6

Sep 9, 2012, 10:00 PM
    Stop obsessing so much,calm down and think.Obviously she is not interested in the relationship anymore, she's probably had a hard life being put down by her mum and her ex suicidal boyfriend give her time and space then talk to her about your feelings .No shouting ,just talking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend broke up. What should I do? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is it has been only 4 weeks and my girlfriend stopped all contact with me. She has been a wonderful person but she forced me to get aggravated with her. But she led me to believe she wanted me to have a relationship with her for the rest of her life. We are not kids. She is going on 41...

Girlfriend broke up with me. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, so my girlfriend of a year and a half just broke up with me. She said she lost feelings for me but still loves me. She says she wants to be friends but I know I just can't settle for less. But the main reason She claims she broke up with me is that when I express my feelings and...

My girlfriend and I broke up. [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I broke up. It's was out of the blue. One day we were looking at houses planning our future and two days later she broke up. She has two kids that aren't mine but I love them as if they were. They don't know their dads so I was their dad. She's telling everyone that I couldn't...

My girlfriend broke up with me because she needs to be by herself? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 17 and my ex girlfriend is 15. I know you probely think this is just some stupid teenage love thing but I assure you it isn't. We had been going out for over 13 months. She broke up with me about half week ago and it's tearing me apart. She assures me there is no other guys and I believe...

My girlfriend broke up with me out of nowhere [ 4 Answers ]

OK I have been with a girl for a while buh feelings grew very quickly we both told each other that we love each other everything was going fine until suddenly she reveals that she wants to break up 2 see what's out there this is a big shocker because our relationship was going perfectly fine now...

View more questions Search