Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Sudafed for kids
    My DD is 8. and has a horrible sinus congestion. She now has a headache. We ran out of Motrin last night, and I can go get more tomorrow morning (payday is tomorrow)

But I DO have some sudafed. Its 120mgs per tablet.

She is 75lbs.

Would she be allowed to take one, or half of one, to help her sleep tonight? Last night she was up almost ALL night because she couldn't breath and her head hurt from the pressure :(

I know they make sudafed for children. But I don't know the MG dosage for her weight.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Aug 30, 2012, 04:01 PM
    Dosage for children is much lower than 120 mg.
    Are these sustained released capsules? Than you should NOT break it up to lower the dose as that changes the release rate of the drug in the body.
    Read the leaflet carefully and ask a pharmacist.

Also try some natural remedies. She could do inhalations with chamomile tea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudafed with panadol [ 1 Answers ]

I have flu and blocked nose, I took panadol at 5.30 pm , now it's 10.30 pm, can I take sudafed now as it says it contain paracetamol and can't be taken with other paracetamol. How long I have to wait as I took panadol 5 hrs ago. Please advise as my nose is blocked.

80's or 90's Kids film about kids adopting aliens from a pet store [ 3 Answers ]

Thinking they were animals and then FBI get involved etc. I remember watching the film in th 90's on VHS but cannot for the life of me remember the name of it

I have 2 kids my kids mother is deceased, we had no custody papers, can I get my kids [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I have not been together for over 5 years and I would send money and see my kids when I can they live in California, I live in Texas. 3 weeks ago my ex was killed and now my kids who are 5 and 4 are with their grandmother right now, can I go get my kids. My ex and I had no custody...

View more questions Search