Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbymarley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 03:23 AM
    Could the baby be mine? Please help me
    Hi,

My girlfriend recently found out that she is pregnant - only she claims that I am not the father, but her ex is as they slept together just before we started dating.

She went to see the midwife and was told she is 8 weeks pregnant today. My girlfriend is convinced that I am not the father.

The reason I am questioning this is because the first time we slept together was around 7ish weeks ago, maybe a few days less

She is on the depo contraceptive injection, and has almost no periods, and if she does they are very irregular. How could the midwife acurately tell how far gone she is in the pregnancy if she doesn't have any periods?

I've been told that in cicumstances like this, the date the midwife gives, can be give or take a week or two?

Is there ANY chance that this baby could be mine. I need to know even if there is a 1% chance this baby is mine.

Thank you for your help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2012, 03:29 AM
    Yes there is a chance. But there is nothing you can do about it until the child is born. You can then file in Family Court for joint custody. The court will order paternity tests to confirm paternity. You then go on from there.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 03:30 AM
    Yes, there is a chance it is yours. Unfortunately I can't give you a percentage. You will need to have a paternity test done after the birth of the baby.
    bobbymarley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 03:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Yes, there is a chance it is yours. Unfortunately I can't give you a percentage. You will need to have a paternity test done after the birth of the baby.
    Hi, thank you very much for your kind advice.

Could you possibly tell me how far out the midwives prediction could be. Considering she is on injection contraceptive and has no periods? Like could the date the midwife has given be a week either side of the date, 2 weeks either side of the date?

I hope I'm not asking too much.

Thank you once again!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2012, 04:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymarley View Post
    Could you possibly tell me how far out the midwifes prediction could be. Considering she is on injection contraceptive and has no periods? Like could the date the midwife has given be a week either side of the date, 2 weeks either side of the date?
    Determining Conception dates is an inexact science. Without a regular period, its even harder. There is nothing you can do now but wait.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2012, 06:13 AM
    Yes there is a chance the baby can be your once the baby is born ask for a paternity test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claiming baby is mine affair was over Oct. 2009, baby delivered aPRIL 2011. Suing me [ 4 Answers ]

Can I sue this girl who is claiming that her baby is mine? She has had an issue of child support issued against me. I am requesting A paternity test because I havenot had contact with this girl for 8 months before she got pregnant. I have not had any contact with her. I heard through my work...

How to know if a baby is mine? [ 4 Answers ]

If the last time my girlfriend and me had sex was February 17 and she is six weeks pregnant could it be mine after it being April 24?

Is the baby mine? [ 5 Answers ]

So the first time her and I had sex was either the 29th or 30th of sept. Her due date is June 26th, and the weekend before she had sex with her ex. I don't know if it is mine or not. I look at all these calculators and all that, and all it asks me is the first day of her last period.. I don't know...

Is the baby mine? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know if the women is carrying my baby

Baby not mine? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I had a trial separation, since we have gotten back together we have found out she is pregnant. Her period started on th 25th of September and she is very irregular going from 28 days up to nearly 39 days. We had sex on the 18th of October and since we have sorted our marriage out she...

View more questions Search