Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redlipsticklena Posts: 148, Reputation: 0

Sep 6, 2012, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Most of the Aspies are men. It tends to follow the male line in a family. My husband's sister is part-Aspie and has had lot of social and relationship problems through the years. She is 62 now and has Alzheimer's, so has new problems.

Can you sit still and listen when someone gives you directions? Will you follow the directions and do the work correctly? Will you ask for help if you need it?

For instance, the DVDs have to have the barcode in the same place on every one, the security strip has to be put on the disk in a certain way, the date due slip has to be stuck on in a certain place, and so on. Every DVD is the same, and none of the work is hard to do. It's the same with CDs--all look the same, with no creative work being done like the barcode on the back of this one and on the front of that one. All have to be done the same.

I'd call your library to see what volunteer work they have available and figure out if you could handle it. I would have to know your town's name, but not yours. Didn't you say you live near the Delaware River? Do the library people know you and seem to like you?

Yes I can follow direction and I could put the dvds on the shelf and the books too I think. I cannot do math though. And at my other jobs they say I work too slow and have to speed it up because people don't have time. Sigh. That's why I am afraid to get different jobs. I probablywill not ask for help because I will be to nervous and embarrass.

I lives in warren county. The internet is not safe to giveout information.was your husband sister married? And what kind of relationship problems did she have? How do you know she have asperger if she's that old?

Also everything for aspies is for the men and we basicallydon't exist. People say if you're a woman all you have to do is wear makeups and let men know you wants dates but that's NOT TRUE.I have tried that and theyreject me anyway.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsticklena View Post
    yes I can follow direction and I could put the dvds on the shelf and the books too I think. I cannot do math though. And at my other jobs they say I work too slow and have to speed it up because people don't have time. Sigh. That's why I am afraid to get different jobs. I probablywill not ask for help because I will be to nervous and embarrass.
    No math at all. You would put stickers and labels and security strips on the DVDs and CDs, but not put them on the shelf. You would have to ask for help (if you need it) from the person who trains you so you don't do something wrong. I would train a volunteer and sit at the next desk and do my own work while the new volunteer put on the stickers, etc.

One job was to go through each new magazine and take out all the postcard things. Another job was to stamp the library's name on each magazine. I was nearby to watch and encourage good work.
    was your husband sister married? And what kind of relationship problems did she have? How do you know she have asperger if she's that old?
    Yes, she is married with no children. Relationship-wise, she did not like to go to parties or to visit neighbors --just to visit her own family. I've known her for 46 years. She hated to go out to eat, even to a fast-food place because she felt men were watching her and women were waiting for her to spill something on her clothes. She likes to wrap up tight in her blankets and that makes her feel better. She doesn't like small talk and chatting. Her father had Asperger's and her brother (my husband) does. She has many of the characteristics, but not all of them.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2012, 04:38 PM
    This following link lists several Aspergers Support Groups in New Jersey I think you may want to try:

Aspergers Support Groups New Jersey

I have what I consider mild OCD issues, my family may not say that, but I am not familiar with Aspergers, thou several of the symptoms sure sounds similar to mine.

Wondergirl is doing the best she can, amazing how she is trying to help you. Listen to her, and I hope one of the links will get you the help you need.
    redlipsticklena Posts: 148, Reputation: 0

Sep 6, 2012, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell View Post
    This following link lists several Aspergers Support Groups in New Jersey I think you may want to try:

Aspergers Support Groups New Jersey

I have what I consider mild OCD issues, my family may not say that, but I am not familiar with Aspergers, thou several of the symptoms sure sounds similar to mine.

Wondergirl is doing the best she can, amazing how she is trying to help you. Listen to her, and I hope one of the links will get you the help you need.

Yes she was very helpful. Ty for the links bye
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 7, 2012, 12:22 AM
    Wondergirl is a constant wonder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 15 & still I don't get my periods regularly... what 2 do? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 15 year old girl. 2 years back I got my 1st peroods... After that I don't get periods every month. Instead I get every alternate month & according to me it bleeds very less... what to do?

5 y/o Cat, vomits regularly [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my cat Nena vomits about every day or every other day, not all meals but regularly enough, literally almost everyday. She is 5 years old and appears to be fine and healthy, and since she eats, a LOT, it's been impossible to see was causes it, she pretty much vomits at random. Her diet has...

Regularly getting thrush [ 2 Answers ]

Hi on a regular basis I get small itch red spots on the head of my penis I went to the docs and he said its thrush. I use canesten cream each time they appear and they go the next day. But then a week or so later they reappear what could be causing this. I think thrush has something to do with...

View more questions Search