Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abrn023 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 05:58 PM
    How do I get my ex girlfriend back?
    Ok, this is going to take a little explaining, but I need to say the whole story if I'm going to get legitimate advice.

First of all, my girlfriend and I had been dating for a year and a half before we broke up. We broke up one other time, like 6 months ago, because I thought I wanted to be single. I realized I didn't actually want that though, and it took a lot, but I got her back. Now we just got to college, were both at the same one, and not even a week in, we break up. She initiates it, but I don't really fight for it. The reason we broke up, is because I had stopped doing the little things the past few months, and she felt like the only way for us to have a chance, was for me to go and date other people. Neither one of us really wanted to break up. This wasn't a good decision, but the night we broke up, we decided to have sex one last time, since the plan was to not have sex with anyone else for the months or year we were on break. We were both each others first. So anyway, the next day we're acting like friends and stuff, but we decide to go to different parties, just to get some space between us, and then we were going to have lunch the next day. So I call her the next morning, and ask her when she wants to go to lunch, and she blows me off. I then find out that she made out with a guy, and I lost it. I'm a really jealous guy, and I guess because of the way we handled it, I felt like we were still dating. I felt like she had cheated on me, and I yelled at her and called her a slut. Because of that blow up, our deal of no sex went out the window, and now I don't even know if she's going to want to ever get back together. This was a week ago, and since then, I've talked to her, and she says she forgives me, but I don't know if she really does. She's already done everything but sex with this guy, and it's absolutely killing me inside, because I still love her and never wanted to lose her. So my plan right now, is to leave it alone for a few months, maybe 5-6, date some other people, and hopefully be friends with my ex after a month or so. And I'm going to try and get over her. I'm going to try and forget about her, and push her out of my mind for now. But after these months are over, if I still feel as strongly about her as I do now, then I'm going to try and win her back. Not if I still have some feelings, because I know it will take me years to completely get over her, but if I'm still having this feeling of intense love for her, then I think that would be a sign to me, that she is the one and I need to get her back.
    So basically what I'm asking is two things. Is trying to get back together with in a few months if I still love her a decent idea? I know waiting at least a year might be a better idea, but honestly this has been the longest week of my life, and even a few months is going to seem like a lifetime. And second, if I do decide that I want to get her back several months from now, how should I go about doing it? I know it's going to be tough, but if I still feel the way I do now, I would do almost anything to show her how much I love her.

Any advice is appreciated, even if it's something I don't want to hear. Thanks very much
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 29, 2012, 06:05 PM
    I think you two need to take a clean break form each other and let next year or a few months from now take care of itself. Taking a break with the idea of hooking up again months down the road is unrealistic. You don't know what you will discover about yourselves during that break.
    Take a clean break. Period.
    If you are meant to get back together you will.

Aug 29, 2012, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I think you two need to take a clean break form each other and let next year or a few months from now take care of itself. Taking a break with the idea of hooking up again months down the road is unrealistic. You don't know what you will discover about yourselves during that break.
    Take a clean break. Period.
    If you are meant to get back together you will.
    What do you mean by clean break? Like not even talking to her? Because I really am going to try and get over her, I'm not saying "yea I'm going to try and get her back a few months from now". It's just if that doesn't work, then I'll try to get her back. I already went on a date with another girl (its been almost 3 weeks now since we broke up) but it's still too soon for me, because it wasn't enjoyable even though the girl is pretty and stuff. I just wish I could move on like her, and that would at least help a little.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 29, 2012, 08:04 PM
    A clean break is just that. You break up. No communication.
    Don't jump into another relationship, that is not good, but just have fun.

Aug 29, 2012, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    A clean break is just that. You break up. No communication.
    Don't jump into another relationship, that is not good, but just have fun.
    Well the only reason I tried to date someone else is because she did, and she's been having the time of her life the past few weeks, so I figured if it worked for her it could work for me. Didn't really work though oh well
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 29, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Well you do what is right for you, not to get back or keep up with her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with ex-girlfriend, should I try to get back with her? [ 13 Answers ]

All right guys, please bare with me and my wall of text. I've been with this female for 10 months, knew her for 2 months before that. Amazing girl. She's caught me with another girl, not physically but texting, (I know I'm an idiot). Last Saturday, she tells me she doesn't want to be in a...

Your ex goes back to his ex girlfriend? [ 8 Answers ]

I went out with a guy who was my friend for over 10 years so we dated now for 18 months as he was mixed up about feelings his ex who he was seeing for 3 years while she was living with someone else,so we just took it slowly,he didn't come home at all one night so I packed my bags and left and I...

I broke up with my girlfriend a while back and it's come back to "haunt" my emotions [ 8 Answers ]

Well, a while back, I was dating this girl I knew for a few years. One day we finally came out and told each other how we felt about each other, but at that time I was going through some rough stuff in my life with school and my family so it was a pretty bad time for the relationship. Everyday I...

LD Ex Girlfriend and I want her back. [ 6 Answers ]

Last year I fell in love with this girl from flordia (I'm in michigan), we were friends first and so she crashed at my house for the 2 weeks she was here. We talked about a relationship and she said she would come back. She went home, 2 weeks later she returned. We live together for almost 4...

View more questions Search