Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leah1223 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Air Force
    Hey I'm 20 years old, and interested in joining the air force preferably the army ( active duty) just wondering if anyone had and suggestions or advice about it.. don't know what to do a Lil confused about everything. I've had a lot of friends giving me advice but I just think people just say things to change your mind or just to get me scared etc. Well thanks for reading and for the time... Leah1223
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2012, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leah1223 View Post
    Hey I'm 20 years old, and interested in joining the air force preferably the army ( active duty) just wondering if anyone had and suggestions or advice about it.. don't know what to do a Lil confused about everything. I've had a lot of friends giving me advice but I just think ppl just say things to change your mind or just to get me scared ect. Well thanx for reading and for the time ..... Leah1223

Hey, talk to Recruiters in the branches that interest you.

It is impossible to cover all branches, all advantages and disadvantages here.
    leah1223 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
    I have talk to some recruiters but I just wanted some advice from people who know some things about the army. And some advice when I do decide on going the pros and cons of making the commitment. Thanks.. Leah1223
    Strength89 Posts: 72, Reputation: 24

Jan 25, 2013, 12:28 AM
    PROS:

-College benefits (MGIB/Post 9-11/TA---google them)
    -Experience
    -Travel
    -30 days paid vacation per year (2.5 per month for a total of 30 days)
    -Getting the opportunity to meet people
    -Getting the opportunity to challenge yourself and to push yourself
    -Medical/dental coverage

CONS:
    -Long working hours (at times)
    -Deployments
    -Constant relocation (ever 2-5 years)
    -Meeting not so great people
    -Working so much because of operational commitments that you cannot travel
    -Having to respect rank even when the person is a bad person
    -Planning your personal life around the military

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Air Force [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone been to the airforce? I would like to know how your experience was and I woud also like your opinoin. I I'm thinking about joinning either the Marines or the Air Force, but not sure which to go with. Any advice or opinoins, Im all ears. Thanks

Noise from return air side of force air [ 7 Answers ]

My house was totally remodeled and I upgraded with forced air and a heat pump. I have a supply vent in every room, yet only 2 return vents... one at each end of single story house. Only the return vent closes to the furnace makes an annoying whining sound (wa, wa, wa, wa... is only thing I can...

What is the net force of a 0.1 N soda tossed in the air. Neglet air resisitance. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the net force of a 0.1 N soda tossed in the air? Neglect air resistance.

Find force of gravity, normal force, and net force in Physics [ 6 Answers ]

A crate of mass m (=10 kg) is placed at rest on a (frictionless) inclined plane, which has an angle (= 30 deg ) above horizontal 1. The force of gravity on the crate is? 2. The normal force on the crate is? 3. The net force on the crate is? 4. How long would it take the crate to slide 8 m...

View more questions Search