Ask
    ricksalon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Flapper valve
    My flapperr valve closes too quickly and toilet does not flush properly
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 30, 2012, 07:24 AM
    Your linkage needs adjusting. With the flapper closed there should be 1/4" of play. You can fine tune the adjustment by bending the flush lever rod. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flapper won't stay down. It flushes, flapper seats then bobs back up in a sec [ 11 Answers ]

I have shortened the chain, lengthened the chain etc. It finally flushes O.K. & the bowl clears if I hold the handle down for a little bit, the flapper seats then bobs back up and has to be manually pushed down, then it stays. It is a new flapper

Flush Valve Flapper on Toilet Snaps Shut [ 2 Answers ]

The Flush Valve Flapper in my toilet snaps shut when I try to flush so that I have to hold the handle down or the flushing cycle stops. Does anyone know what I need to do? I have adjusted the chain to no avail. :mad: Thanks for any help.

Flapper Valve not staying open [ 40 Answers ]

Hi, I installed a Fluidmaster 404LG complete repair kit, last Thursday (8/6/09) and my problem is that I need to double flush the toilet for it to completely empty. I think the problem is that the flapper is not staying open long enough. I understand I have to adjust the chain and I will...

Replaced Fill Valve and Flapper - Now Bowl Water Level Is Lower [ 6 Answers ]

I recently replaced both my toilets' fill valves and flappers to resolve some running water/leaking issues - which was fixed on both toilets. The toilets are Kohler 1.6 gpf models. But now my problem is that the bowl water fill level is about an inch lower than it used to be. As soon as the...

Flapper valve assembly won't close after flushing [ 4 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet, the flapper raises to let the water exit the tank, but won't go back down. It apparently has nothing to do with the chain length. It just seems to be weighted so that it stays open (I don't think that adding weight will help). What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

View more questions Search