Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anni171994 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2012, 05:37 AM
    This guy likes my best friend but talks as if he likes me. What should I do?
    This guy used to like me.. He tried to convince me for a year to be his girlfriend but I was not into him. Then he asked me to set him up with my best friend. Now they talk to each other and my best friend has started liking him very much. And he also says that he likes her.

But he still talks to me everyday tells me everything about him and I feel that he still likes me the same way because when my friend calls him he would not receive her, but he has time to talk to me. He calls me by cute nick names.
    When I get angry he keep trying to convince me but when my friend get angry he starts yelling at her.

I don't know what to do. I can't see my best friend hurt because of me. But I also don't want to stop talking to him because he is also very close to me.

Please tell me what is the right thing to do in this situation?
    Inso The Jester Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2012, 11:50 AM
    OK anni
    I could tell you he still likes you like he did
    He is trying to move on but he can't he talks to you on the phone because he thinks you are giving him a chance or that you are getting into him

OK what you should do is ask him if he likes your best friend at all
    If he said yes then ask him not to call you so that your friend doesn't get hurt
    If he said no and that he likes you and you like him let your friend know what's happening even if it means you losing him

Boy friends go but best friends always stay
    I would chose a best friend over anything because some people don't have friends at all so you are lucky
    ArmstrongMiller Posts: 164, Reputation: -1

Aug 29, 2012, 10:58 PM
    It is a little complex. You should separate the friendship and affection.
    anni171994 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Thanks for your advice.. I'll ask him if he is really serious for my friend or not.. Thanks.. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inso The Jester View Post
    ok anni
    i could tell you he still likes you like he did
    he is trying to move on but he can't he talks to you on the phone because he thinks you are giving him a chance or that you are getting into him

ok what you should do is ask him if he likes your best friend at all
    if he said yes then ask him not to call you so that your friend doesn't get hurt
    if he said no and that he likes you and you like him let your friend know whats happening even if it means you losing him

boy friends go but best friends always stay
    i would chose a best friend over anything because some people don't have friends at all so you are lucky
    Inso The Jester Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2012, 01:59 PM
    You are welcome
    LoveStruck31 Posts: 10, Reputation: 5

Aug 30, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Best friend > Friend

Stop talking to him while they're still together and after that, if there's an after, you can pick up the conversation where you left it. You have to have your best friend's back
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 06:12 PM
    You should never allow him to give you more attention than he gives your friend as he plays on her feelings.This is not a friend to be close to at all. You are betraying your best friend and should tolerate no more contact. He is cheating. And you are helping him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Classic tale: Guy meets girl, Girl likes guy, the breakup, guys friend likes her. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I'm the friend (De) at the moment and I have known her 3 months before she broke up but the Guy (Gareth). I've known Gareth a lot longer than she has and I have told her the reason that he even goes for younger girls because he can act more in control whereas he has tried this with girls his...

I like a guy who sort of likes me but his best friend likes me [ 1 Answers ]

I like this guy but he won't ask me out because his friend likes me but I don't like his friend. And now I am worried that I will never get the guy of my dreams

How to get a guy that says he likes you but that he likes many other girls too ? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi everyone:) Well the thing is , there's this guy in my high school and we're really good friends since 2 years now. He's in my group of friends and we use to go hang out sometimes and we both flirt a lot with each other since we met. We'll the other day I broke up with my boyfriend which happens...

View more questions Search