Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rdehart17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 10:51 PM
    Conflict of interest
    My substitute judge in my custody case has a firm and they represented my husband in a car accident . It just so happens I just found out my husband had consulted with the judges son (a lawyer at that firm) in the past about retaining them for my custody case. We didn't retain for me so I just realized after court my husband has worked with judges firm. Conflict?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2012, 03:22 AM
    Possibly, but what do you want to do about it? You can ask the judge to recuse himself. You may be able to overturn any judgement he handed down.

Aug 29, 2012, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Possibly, but what do you want to do about it? You can ask the judge to recuse himself. You may be able to overturn any judgement he handed down.
    Well our regular judge knows all the background and while in court a drug test was done by sub judge the father had benzos in system he verbally said he had prescription the sub judge has removed his taking the child out of state limitation without seeing precription first and gave him a extra week at christmas just said to bring in prescription to court march 27 2013 next date set for review.
    Our normal judge would have never done that knowing the history of him tampering with a test in 2010 watering down but still showing up for benzos.
    I was going to switch lawyers to see what I could do to be more aggressive and when I looked up the firm my husband used we realized his lawyer before was my sub judges son.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2012, 05:17 AM
    I'm not sure that this constitutes a conflict of interest, but you can try to appeal.

Aug 30, 2012, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I'm not sure that this constitutes a conflict of interest, but you can try to appeal.
    Thanks I just realized I personally consulted with her firm and they(her husband and son) worked for my husband. We will just find a new lawyer and hope they will have some suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conflict of interest [ 2 Answers ]

How can an attorney drop a client after working the case for 5 months, then all of a sudden, he discovers that he has another client that is supposedly involved in the same case and he says it would be a conflict of interest? This case in in the state of Virginia, County of Washington.

Conflict of Interest? [ 0 Answers ]

My friend was given an Article 15 in the Air Force. He was arrested on a Friday and then acquitted on a Monday (when the Judge was available). His ex-wife claimed that he had violated a restraining order when in fact he had not (the judge even apologized), but since she filed a claim the police...

Conflict of interest? [ 3 Answers ]

My mother-n-law retained an attorney for a divorce against my father-n-law back many years ago, they ended up remarrying and now father-n-law has passed away. The mother-n-law has his will with her being executer of the estate and she has hired this same attorney to represent the estate probate...

Conflict of interest? [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court today for a careless driving ticket in NJ( written at the scene at an accident). Where both partys were written tickets. I am pleading NOT GUILTY(I have a lawyer). I found out today that my lawyer is also representing the other party too. Can this be done?? I am a...

COnflict of Interest [ 3 Answers ]

An attorney represented me in a bankruptcy and now the same attorney is representing my husband in our divorce. Is that a Conflict of Interest? I was the only one that signed on with him for the bankruptcy and the bankruptcy was only in my name. The way I look at it is that I am already is...

View more questions Search