Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jue Nge Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 08:08 PM
    New landlord never give me back deposit
    I found room in rental website, so I went to see and gave one month deposit for 1sept in 8 aug , but 27 aug she send sms me she can't rent a room, so I said give my deposit back but she can't pay and her husband said he will pay end of this month but not sure. So how can I do and police told me go to sub court.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2012, 03:25 AM
    This is a civil matter so the police can do nothing. You have to file suit against them. You can go to small claims court to do this.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 29, 2012, 03:32 AM
    What is 'sub court?' Where is this?
    (I agree with Scottgem about Small Claims. Tell the landlord that you will win, and that will include the filing fee of about $50, so they might as well pay you before you file tomorrow.)

Aug 29, 2012, 05:23 AM
    How many days that will be processing at small claims court and how to punish to landlord? Her husband said he will give end of this month but now they smsed me will give 5th and 18th sept, I think I shouldn't wait until that time. I can't believe them anymore.

Aug 29, 2012, 05:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    This is a civil matter so the police can do nothing. You have to file suit against them. You can go to small claims court to do this.
    So what will be need to prepare before going to small claims?

Aug 29, 2012, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    What is 'sub court?' Where is this?
    (I agree with Scottgem about Small Claims. Tell the landlord that you will win, and that will include the filing fee of about $50, so they might as well pay you before you file tomorrow.)
    How many days that will be processing at small claims court? Should I go town council first? Her husband said he will give end of this month but now they smsed me will give 5th and 18th sept, I think I shouldn't wait until that time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 29, 2012, 06:38 AM
    Town council? WHERE in the world is this??

Aug 29, 2012, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Town council? WHERE in the world is this???
    There is a town council in each town for giving advice and solving problem within their town. Aren't u staying in singapore?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 29, 2012, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jue Nge View Post
    There is a town council in each town for giving advice and solving problem within their town. Aren't u staying in singapore?
    AMHD is an international site but the vast majority of the people who post here are in the US. The town councils do not get involved in landlord/tenant issues in the US.

Aug 29, 2012, 07:11 AM
    Ohh so is it not affected for singapore? :( I don't know how to solve my problem.

Aug 29, 2012, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657 View Post
    AMHD is an international site but the vast majority of the people who post here are in the US. The town councils do not get involved in landlord/tenant issues in the US.
    Ohh so is it not affected for singapore? I don't know how to solve my problem.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2012, 07:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jue Nge View Post
    ohh so is it not affected for singapore? :( I don't know how to solve my problem.

What would I do? I would wait to see if the husband refunds the money and if he does not, then I would file in Court.

The only way to know is to contact the local Court in your Town and ask.

Here's the information: http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/sct/page.aspx?pageid=4515
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 29, 2012, 07:16 AM
    Unfortunately there do not appear to be any experts on here at the moment who have specific experience with landlord/tenant matters in Singapore. But if it is customary for town councils in your area to assist with these types of issues then it's worth speaking to them to see if they can help in any way or give you some guidance on what your next move should be.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2012, 10:43 AM
    So going to the town council may be your first recourse.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    So going to the town council may be your first recourse.

It's all very clear on the website I posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My landlord doesn't want to give me back my deposit! [ 3 Answers ]

I left a week ago, I let them know with a month in advance, I forgot to pick some garbage out, I painted the studio with their autorization, now he's telling me that I left the garbage and that he didn't gave me autorization to paint. I don't know what to do to get my $850 deposit back?

My Landlord Won't Give Me My Deposit Back I singed a contact in October 2008 for six [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented a property from October 2008 for six months since then I have continued living and paying rent in the property with no further contract as when I asked for one was told it is a rolling rent now I want my deposit back to move and the original agent that I pay the rent to and who took...

Landlord will not return deposit and will not give itemized list of how it was spent [ 8 Answers ]

Our landlord gave us 30 days notice after we lived there for 2 years (one year lease and then one year month to month). I had 2 major reconstructive back surgeries and have been deemed by the State of California as permanently disabled since the time we moved in. He gave us a 30 day notice one...

My landlord doesn't want to give me back my deposit [ 7 Answers ]

The landlord is in the middle of divorce' process and they decided to sell the house, but he said that his ex-wife should pay the deposit because she was the agent who made the rental agreement because she used to work as a real state but not anymore, she said that he said that she is not in charge...

View more questions Search