Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigchuck Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Aug 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Motion To Strike Admissions
    The Plaintiff's Motion to Strike My Answers to Admissions was DENIED by the Judge.
    Question:
    Does that mean that the Judge's Ruling is Final and the Plaintiff cannot later try to Make Another Motion to Strike before a different Judge?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigchuck View Post
    The Plaintiff's Motion to Strike My Answers to Admissions was DENIED by the Judge.
    Question:
    Does that mean that the Judge's Ruling is Final and the Plaintiff cannot later try to Make Another Motion to Strike before a different Judge?

Where? What type of case?

Aug 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
    It is a Debt case where an atty for Junk Debt Buyer tried to STRIKE My Answers to admissions. If I understand correctly if he succeeded in doing so, then all those stricken admissions would become admissions. You see he is delinquent on Interrogatories and Production Docs and has been ORDERED per my Motion to Compel. It is most apparent that he does not have any further documentation to add and was hoping to prove his case via striking my admissions... my perspective. So my question is now that his motion to strike was denied... I assume that door is closed meaning my admissions stand... and he cannot try further to strike them?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 04:03 PM
    If they lose the case ( since if they win, they don't care) but if they lose, they can appeal on various grounds that the prior judge or something about the case was done incorrectly.

They can appeal that this evidence should not have been allowed in, due to the law a.nd that the judge ruled incorrectly

But why not get this case over with first then worry about appeals

Aug 28, 2012, 04:09 PM
    I am not worrying about appeals. I am now awaiting Interrogatories and Production and preparing for other possibilities. Frankly I am surprised he is hanging in there... He told the Judge that he doubts he could provide anything additional as the debt was sold orifinally and his client was the 2nd buyer... You know like that is an excuse he cannot prove ownership and standing and show chain of ownership or even any details about the debt. We will see how this plays out... All I can do is stay alert and be prepared...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigchuck View Post
    I am not worrying about appeals. I am now awaiting Interrogatories and Production and preparing for other possibilities. Frankly I am surprised he is hanging in there... He told the Judge that he doubts he could provide anything additional as the debt was sold orifinally and his client was the 2nd buyer....You know like that is an excuse he cannot prove ownership and standing and show chain of ownership or even any details about the debt. We will see how this plays out....All I can do is stay alert and be prepared.....

Do you owe the debt?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion to Strike Answers to Request For Admissions [ 4 Answers ]

I am the defendant in a credit card related lawsuit for just over $15,000.00. I am being sued as The Personal Guarantor on this account. They are suing me "Junk Debt Buyer / Assignee of ABC Bank" vs "My Name"/DBA WMD Company, INC ( fictitious names). I am being sued by a local attorney in the...

Strike out?? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: What happens when there's two strikes on a batter, and he swings and misses the next pitch, but the ball hits him? Is he out, or does he take his base cause he was hit with a pitch? excon

Request For Admissions [ 1 Answers ]

What documents do I need to respond back to a California lawsuit from a creditor, documents names are Paiantiff Request for Admissiona and Plaintiff Request for Admission of the Genuineness to Documents/

CA: Filing a second motion after filing Notice of Motion & Motion for Child Sup. Mod. [ 2 Answers ]

In California Family Court, I recently filed a Notice of Motion and Motion for Simplified Modification of Order to reduce child support due to a job loss followed by a new job at much lower pay. I have a court date on February 23, 2010. Going through prior court documents from a hearing in 2008,...

View more questions Search