Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Separator Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Aug 28, 2012, 07:15 AM
    I asked this girl out that I used to date... how do I let her know I really like her?
    So there is this girl I met 3 years ago and we dated for a few months back then but I ended up breaking things off with her because she was looking for a relationship with me and I was still not over a breakup with my ex who had been with for 5 years prior. I didn't break it off with this girl to go back to my ex. My ex and I never got back together. I liked this girl, but I just didn't think it was fair to the girl to keep seeing her when she wanted more than I was ready to give. I just wasn't ready for an exclusive relationship with her, or any girl for that matter. Breaking it off with her was one of the hardest things I ever did and to this day I regret it. We have remained friends, not close friends, but friends, over these past three years and we get together every now and then for drinks. Every time I see her I realize how much I like her and how big of a mistake I made by telling her I couldn't see her anymore. She just recently moved very close to me (literally right down the street from me) and I know she does not have a boyfriend at the moment.

So last Thursday I took her to dinner for her birthday. We probably hang out once a month. After I dropped her off I just told her that I want to take her out on a real date. She said "Yeah that should be good...let me think about it...but that would be nice." or something along those lines. I understand why she might have to think about it and I'm guessing its because of my past history with her and how when she started to really like me I bailed on her. I am completely, 100% moved on and healed from my ex. I still like this girl and can see myself being in a relationship with her. I am concerned about her response... she didn't flat out say no and that she just wanted to be friends, she said yes somewhat but that she had to think about it. I understand she might be cautious because she doesn't want to get hurt by me again... but how can I assure her that I am over the past, I have changed for the better since then and that I really like her and want to date her?

I was thinking sending her a text or a message assuring her of that. Good idea or bad? I feel like I can't just wait around for her to "think about it" and get back to me. I wish I had told her that night what I want to tell her now and I feel that its important that I let her know that she wouldn't just be a "rebound" this time, and that I really like her. Even if she doesn't want to date me I still feel like I want to let her know how I truly feel. Whatever the outcome I know it isn't the end of the world. But I don't want to regret at least not trying.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 09:36 AM
    If she does not respond to you in say a week, call her. Don't text. That is so juvenile. Talk to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A guy asked me on a date... and he's shorter than me. [ 5 Answers ]

I met this guy 8 days ago, and we have been hanging out on the weekends. He asks me to do something again whenever we separate, and he definitely seems romantically interested (we are both in college, he's 4 years older). He's got a similar personality to mine, but I wish he was a little more...

My girlfriend asked to date other people. [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been in a distant relationship since 2009. Now she says she is misserable and bored. She also wants to take a break to date other people. What should I do to keep us together. I have always fought for us to stay together and so has she. She used to hate hurt me and now...

I asked a girl out and another person asked her out as well [ 2 Answers ]

I've known this girl for 9 years and I asked her out but another person asked her out after I did and he's known her for a month what do I do to seem I ilke her more and I'm the better guy (P.S She and her friends think he's a bit of a pervert as he says " Can I feel your bum?")

I told her that I liked her and I asked her out on a date... [ 3 Answers ]

I told her that I liked her and I asked her out on a date and she said yes. She smiled when she said yes and she said that she just got out of a previous relationship, then she said yes I will go on a date with you. We work together, hang out after work, I was so nervous to ask her out that I...

Were are broke up but she asked if I was going to date [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend of two years broke it off and said she needed space and that if we are meant to be together we will be. And she called me the first day after and was crying and said she loved me and I said I loved her then the next day I called her and we talked we both sounded down but no I love ...

View more questions Search