Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gopagator Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 03:26 AM
    19 year old "sleeping"at boyfriends house
    My 19 year old daughter wants to come home from college but wants to sleep at her boyfriends place. The boyfriends parents do not know they are together. He is 17. His parents forbid him to see her. I also have a 13 year old boy at home Any advice?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 04:41 AM
    Advice for the parents of a 19 year old adult, yes hope she makes the right choice . ** does not sound like it. You have no authority to do anything. If you are paying for "things" you can inform her that all payments stop if she does it.

You can inform the parents of the minor boy about it. ** in some states it would even be a crime and she can go to prison.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 28, 2012, 04:57 AM
    How is she going to sleep there if his parents forbid the relationship? That really makes little sense. I don't imagine they are leaving a 17 year old alone overnight under these circumstances.

As noted you have little, if any, control over your adult daughter.
    Gopagator Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 05:42 AM
    More info - his parents are divorcing and he is supposed to move into their condo and go to community college. He has lied so much in the past that I'm not even sure there is a condo. He has lied and gotten my daughter in trouble a few times. (trouble with us not the police). I told her that she can do what she wants but if she stays with him for the weekend to please not stop by or let us know. We would love to see her if she is staying with us.
    Thanks for the help

You can inform the parents of the minor boy about it. ** in some states it would even be a crime and she can go to prison.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopagator View Post
    My 19 year old daughter wants to come home from college but wants to sleep at her boyfriends place. The boyfriends parents do not know they are together. He is 17. His parents forbid him to see her. I also have a 13 year old boy at home Any advice?

Yes. Stop enabling her. If she wants to "come home" she can either follow your rules or live somewhere else.

If she decides to live/sleep at her boyfriend's house there is nothing you can do.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 28, 2012, 07:46 AM
    She could be in trouble with the law if a) he is under the age of consent and/or b) his parents forbid the relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

46 year old still sleeping with mother [ 23 Answers ]

My 46 year old sister sleeps in my mothers bed with her every night. Her daughter sleeps in a room by herself. Is this normal? There is limited space at our house but my question is why isn't she with her own daughter? It seems weird to me, and she still follows my mom around the house too. If my...

2 year old is not sleeping [ 3 Answers ]

My 2 year hasn't slept through the night since he has been born. Mommy and Daddy are going crazy. I don't know what I should do. I've tried letting him sleep in the middle between us and everything. He sleeps for about 3 hours then wakes up screaming and crying. He is also still taking his bottle...

Should 11 year olds have boyfriends? [ 4 Answers ]

? Cause my cousin has 1 and she is 11

9 year old still sleeping with his mother [ 5 Answers ]

My younger daughter{42} is a single mom,and her son still sleeps with her she says to reasure him, I say bulls... he is a very smart kid at school he is in grade 4 but is doing 6 grade work in class.I have just made him join a surf club to get him involved in sport as the kids at school call him a...

View more questions Search