Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2012, 12:10 PM
    Medicare Advantage Plans
    After Insurance company sent lists of participating cardiologist 20 names. All of them declared they do not take this insurance any longer and the provider lists were not valid any longer.

.Had to get a Medicare person to intervene to finally found a doctor that takes the plan. Is this a foreboding situation of thing to come down the road. New enrollment starts in Oct. Maybe it is time to look elsewhere?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 27, 2012, 12:14 PM
    My husband's cardiology practice just sent out a letter refusing coverage from certain insurance companies (one of which we have as a supplemental with Medicare). I'm not sure what this is a sign of.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Maybe there is something in the wind. My cardiologist belongs to a group.
    I have learned everyone connected to the group, does not take the insurance as well.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 27, 2012, 12:24 PM
    Yes, it's just the beginning of the new healthcare plan A/K/A Obamacare.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 27, 2012, 12:41 PM
    The supplemental plan we have, we were told by my oncologist three years ago, is on the axis of evil.

With Obamacare, the insurance companies are going to be hauling bags of money to the bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to get medicare advantage lead [ 6 Answers ]

I have been selling mortgage protection insurance the last few years and doing well but the lead situation has really become slow. I was thinking of selling medicare advantage and final expense. What is the best way to get leads? Thanks

Medicare Advantage Payment [ 1 Answers ]

Got a hospital bill for one day of service at the hospital, asking my help in getting my insurance carrier To pay $90,000.Incident was in May, and they told me it was overdue in July. But I suspect that the amount stated is before they negotiate. Isn't that the way they do it? Maybe Chuck knows?

Medicare Advantage Plans [ 1 Answers ]

I know medicare pays a bonus to advantage plans. Currently I pay nothing and even little extra like free gym. But when Obama Cuts their bonus/incentives, will the advantage plans give up there benefits to seniors. Medicare by itself does not pay much. But with the advantage the whole bill is...

Medicare Advantage [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in Financial Services for 18 years; everything from stocks and bonds to insurance and annuities. It appears many reps are making a lot of money on Medicare Advantage Plans these days. I can't nail down where to go to get good pre-set leads for this, especially on a part-time basis. Is...

View more questions Search