Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karlee_07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Belly
    I'm 13 I had my belly button pierced last year but I used witch hazel it went infected and the two holes meet as one I now have 1 scar at the top . My mate is going to have hers done on the weekend I would like to have mine done with her my mom said I can but she thinks they won't do it because of what has happened to the scar do you think I can still have it done ?
    Larkemett Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2007, 12:42 PM
    I wouldn't see why not, you can pierce through scar tissue (though its not recommended) and they could always pierce behind the scar if you follow me. They would do it if you asked them to but they would probably try to avoid the scar tissue and would give you a bit of a lecture about the correct way to keep it clean.

I am currently going through some issues with my belly button piercing, its healing really slowly and I just recently found out (on here) it was because I wasn't looking after it right.

Good luck, only get the piercing done if your sure you can take care of it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 12:45 PM
    My first question is why did you use Witch Hazel as opposed to hydrogen peroxide. Witch hazel is not an antibiotic, it is an astringent. Don't use it to clean wounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly piercing [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I got my belly pierced and when I clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but I rinsh it really good so I don't no and I'm getting kind a scared I only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good though how long should I clean it for?I...

Belly peircing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got my peircing done around November, I cleaned it 3 times a day but this month I have just stopped cleaning it , I might only clean it once in about 2 weeks. I was told that if you clean it a lot you're weakening the tissue around the peircing which invites more bacteria. Do you think by...

When does your belly button pop? [ 6 Answers ]

I just reached my 4th month of pregnancy. I normally have an innie belly button. (it's normally so "in" that you can't see all the way in it.) anyway, as of today, it has opened up and has become more shallow... I've heard of belly buttons poping out, but not this soon. This is my first child and I...

Repiercing my belly button [ 4 Answers ]

Sooo... my grandmother wouldn't let me pierce my belly button so I did it myself, but after about 4 months I took it out because I realized I didn't get enough skin pierced and I tried to let it heal up and then there was still the hole so I put the ring back it (it was tempting me out of my mind)...

Beer belly :( [ 3 Answers ]

I weigh 185lbs and I have been working out for a month now (running and bicyling).. I have lost fat around the chest and weight is coming off my thighs.. However my belly is being stubborn... Fat is sticking to my stomach (specially around the belly button) and it makes it look like a spare tire!...

View more questions Search