Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taraza1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 09:58 AM
    My 24 Year old married daughter will not talk to me...
    Hello,

I have a 24 year old daughter that will not talk to me, know matter what I say or try. She has lied so badly she believes her lies and looks at me as the bad person. She has made up with her dad, whom abanded her. Which is a good thing, kids need to know where they come from. She blames me for her siblings not going to her wedding, which was their decision, she blames me for everything. It so hurts really bad. We just went to a family get together and she barley talked and we so rude to me. What can I do? How do you get through something like this? Do they ever talk to you again? Has anyone had this happen to them? Take Care
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Aug 27, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Its hard to believe but even at 24 most people still have that tiny childish piece of them inside. She's behaving like a child lying and putting blame on someone else for everything

As far as her blaming you for her siblings not being at her wedding you should tell her siblings to tell her it wasn't your fault they weren't their.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 27, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Children of divorce (I assume?) often blame the parent who is still in their lives for everything, starting with the breakup, and romanticize the absent parent. Many of them do write about it here.
    I wouldn't stop letting her know you love her, maybe twice a year with a card and a note, but I would back off and let her come back to you. It may take a while.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2012, 01:40 PM
    If she is such a bad daughter, and lies to you all the time... why would you want to speak to her?

Honestly, If she wants to behave the way you are describing, I would back off and let her be for a while. Maybe when she matures, she will be back to speak to you and maybe even apologies.
    I have known young women who take until 25 or older to finally relate to their mothers.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 27, 2012, 02:58 PM
    Jennie, I never related to my mother, but was able to be around her a lot more when she hit her 80s.
    gmaof04 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Aug 28, 2012, 03:51 AM
    My 31 year old daughter has been in counseling for 5 years, due to depression and health issues as well as relationship problems, across the board. In the past 2 years, she has become distant from me and rarely speaks to me. She now blames me for all her problems.
    Counseling has obviously become her crutch.
    My 29 year old daughter and I get along famously and she is the light of my life. How I got such opposites in children, I'll never know. Oldest is angry and youngest is happy. I don't get it.
    Good luck... your child may never "get any better". I'm sorry...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I teach my 2 year old daughter to talk? [ 3 Answers ]

My 2 year old daughter just won't talk we have been trying to teach her but I just don't know what to do she just won't learn:(

My 23 year old daughter won't talk to me [ 18 Answers ]

My 23 year old daughter has a habit of falling in love early on in her relationships, moving in with them and then finding out who they really are and then moving out. She has done this several times since she was 17. I know she has "daddy" issues and her step father and I have tried to counsel her...

My 19 year old daughter won't talk to me [ 5 Answers ]

My 19 (almost 20) year old daughter has cut off contact with me. She has been on again/off again with a guy in California. He is in the military. Whenever he was deployed for the first time he stopped talking to her the week before he left so she broke up with him and started dating another...

Getting my 2 year old daughter to talk [ 6 Answers ]

What things can I do to encourage my 2 year old to talk. She just turned 2 2-27-09

My 3 year Grand Daughter will not talk [ 1 Answers ]

My three year Grand daughter will not talk unless you tell her what to say.She will say only one word at a time.She requires verbal prompting in order to communicate with others. She will not play with other children, but rather obseves them. She exhibits constant fidgeting. She babbles words...

View more questions Search