Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alishasingh11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Have been sexually active without protection
    I am 21 year old girl.. I'm not a virgin and have been sexually active without protection.. My problem is,that I had physical intercourse with my boyfriend on 15th, then on 19th of this month. After a day or two I started having problems during urination i.e. burning during urination, pain in the lower stomach, frequent need for urination etc. The burning is continuing for the whole day & night since then,irrespective of whether I am urinating or not.And now when I am having my periods,it's getting too painful.. :(
    I'm really worried of having caught any infection.. As I searched through the internet I found a bacterial infection named Honeymoon Cystis. I'm not sure whether I am having the same problem or not.. Could you please help me with it and tell me what should I do next?
    (This was not the first time that I had intercourse. I had sex earlier too. )
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 27, 2012, 08:55 AM
    It does indeed sound like a urinary tract infection caused by intercourse, also known as honeymoon cystitis. You will need to seek medical attention to get on the proper antibiotics to alleviate the infection.
    alishasingh11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2012, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It does indeed sound like a urinary tract infection caused by intercourse, also known as honeymoon cystitis. You will need to seek medical attention to get on the proper antibiotics to alleviate the infection.
    Thank u so much for getting back.. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sexually active--is this an infection? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25,sexually active, I found 3-4 dark black spots near my virginal lips.Is it dangerous? Is it some kind of infection or skin cancer?

Discharge soon after becoming sexually active [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 16(girl) , and me and my boyfriend who were both virgins.recently started our sexual life, we r being safe , and have had sex a few times , but recently my discharge has become yellow/ green , is this because of hormones , or could I have an infection?

I think my daughter may be sexually active [ 7 Answers ]

My 16 1/2 year old daughter has her first boyfriend. He is a nice boy and they get along great.. almost too great; lately they have been very touchy- feely. I overheard something that made me think they may be sexually active. I am very open with my daughter about this topic. I started dating my...

Sexually active teen [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find some help for my younger sister. She is only 15 and has become sexually active. Having had an abortion at 17 I am scared that she may end up like me. I don't know how I can help her get birth control, can I give her mine? Or will it show up in tests? I don't want her to have to...

I have not came on my period in 3 months I am sexually active [ 1 Answers ]

I have not came on my period in 3 months I am sexually active

View more questions Search