Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Monique04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Do I have to give my info
    I have requested an increase in child support and their father has obtained legal council. I can not afford council because he has not been paying the right amount since 2003. Long story short after we broke up and I filed he did everything in his power to evade paying. Quiting his job, getting married and putting things his wife's name, requesting for continuances etc. This went on for 3 years. The order was granted for a quarter of what he was originally suppose to pay. They did pro-rate back from the petition date. Child support enforcement is representing my case and he is 23,000 in the rear and now he has gotten his stuff together and says he still doesn't want to pay according rto VA guidleines. His lawyer has requested my personal information I assume to do their own determination and I wanted to know can I petition for the same information. I have the guideline sheet and I am representing myself or do I have to seek council in order to petition for his information?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 12:31 PM
    First off, if you and your husband were both representing yourselfves he is going to beat you up. He has already demonstrated that he will stop at nothing to avoid paying. Since he has an attorney he'll do you even worse. You need to level the playing field when you get into the court room. Check with legal aide in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Give Up? [ 9 Answers ]

I am in recovery for alcoholism, have been sober for about 16 months. It's been hard but the best thing I have ever done. I have been struggling with a relationship with a man also in the Program. We are told in the Program to let go and let God. I try to do this but can't seem to let go on this...

I give up [ 4 Answers ]

Almost a year ago I started to experience burning while urinating. I passed it off as a bladder infection for a few months. I then started noticing that the meatus opening started hardening causing my urine flow to go in different directions. This was followed by a pusy discharge that is foul...

I give up [ 15 Answers ]

This has bee a horrible year! I thought that I got through the worst, but today I want to give up. I have an adult daughter. We were always so close, in fact, we were best friends. She was engaged.In June they broke the engagement, over the phone, due to a fight about where they would live. He...

I give up [ 8 Answers ]

This has bee a horrible year! I thought that I got through the worst, but today I want to give up. I have an adult daughter. We were always so close, in fact, we were best friends. She was engaged.In June they broke the engagement, over the phone, due to a fight about where they would live. He...

I give up [ 3 Answers ]

View more questions Search