Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lechele Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Help me my mom has dementia and my step dad is not taking care of her
    My mom is 62 with dementia. My step dad is 5 years younger than she is. He is not taking care of her like he should. He yells at her because she does not eat. I try to tell him that not eating is part of dementia. He makes her cry. When ever I suguest a solution, he comes up with a reason he can't. How can I get my mom away from this man?!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 26, 2012, 04:23 PM
    Look at this page, see the 800 number in the yellow box, and call that one or clink on the link to take you to the list of states so you can call the elder abuse hot line in your state. Someone will tell you how best to deal with this situation and connect you to real people who will help.

NCEA Home--National Center for Elder Abuse

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom had brain radiation, dementia, hit head hard, dad won't make her go to hospital! [ 6 Answers ]

First off, I'm 19 years old and only want the best for my mom as well as my dad. My mom has has been fighting cancer for the past six years, she has the BRCA1 gene that predetermines her to have breast and other types of cancer. She developed ovarian cancer, had a full histarectamy,...

My dad is never home and step mom talks bad about my mom and step dad, I want to mov [ 4 Answers ]

Im 16 years old, and I live in Ohio. Today topped the list of my life. I have a go cart and I messed up our 700 yard driveway. Before they would let me go to my moms for the weekend I was told to clean up the ruts and stuff I made. So I did. Then my step mom came down and asked me to do all the...

Step-dad has been supporting step son after mom moved out and now want custody [ 3 Answers ]

I was with my step-son since he was 2 bio dad has only seen him a total of 48 hrs in 4 years, bio mom left step son with me and I have supported him by myself with out her for past year. I had to do paperwork so that he could go to school, provided medical and babysitting for him, now bio parents...

My dad died with a will then about a year later my mom died and had dementia [ 16 Answers ]

Is my dads will legal and binding because its what he wanted and my mom wasn't able to make one for herself

View more questions Search