Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Credit cards
    My Russian neighbors asked me a question about credit cards.
    They have five credit cards. 4 cards are in the husband’s name only.
    And one is in the wife’s name only. If the husband dies. Is the wife
    Responsible for the husband’s credit card debt.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 11:43 AM
    The wife would not be personally responsible... however they could go after 1/2 of her assets, houses, cars etc so in the end she would have to pay it

What Happens to Credit Card Debt When Someone Dies? : Blogging Away Debt
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 11:55 AM
    If either of them dies the creditor, bank card, will go after the estate for the money. They will be in line ahead of the living spouse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Cards [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering, I purchased two website's over the internet by a business out of Tempe, Arizona, two Days later they called convicing me to buy advertising for these websites. Well, I did and it cost me $6,500.00 for this advertising program later to figure out they are scammers. I...

Credit cards [ 13 Answers ]

IS it haram to use credit cards?

Credit cards. [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a credit card company that would pre approve some like me. I have a loan out for my car, but the first payment isn't due for a few more weeks so only the balance is on my credit report. I still don't have a score or anything for them to base anything on. I've tried a few credit...

Credit cards [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me if there is a credit card that does not charge for transferring balances from another card

Credit cards [ 7 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to close credit cards? I have three credit cards and now, it is eating up half my salary and I struggle to pay the minimum balance too. I agree I should not have taken it in the first place, but now that I have, I am seeking advise to close it. Please advice

View more questions Search