Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alfonz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Sears Lawn Tractor - Engine Runs, But Drive Does Not Engage
    Sears Lawn Tractor Model # 917.258551 Kohler Engine, Automatic Hydostatic . Does not drive forward or back when shifter engaged. Freewheel control IS disengaged. Motion belt not broken. How do I verify that the belt is (too) worn ? If not the belt WHAT?

Alfonz
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Aug 27, 2012, 06:01 AM
    Remove the plate on the rear of the mower. There should ne two bolts on each side. Once that is off toucan have someone watch while you try to engage it and see if pulley and fan are moving. If they are the only other thing that would meepit from
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Aug 27, 2012, 06:03 AM
    Remove the plate on the rear of the mower. There should ne two bolts on each side. Once that is off toucan have someone watch while you try to engage it and see if pulley and fan are moving. If they are the only other thing that would keep it from working is it the brake was stuck. If its neither of these then the transaxle probably needs rebuilt or replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a sears lawn tractor with the 17.5 HP engine. Won't start. [ 2 Answers ]

Battery is good and I have bypassed seat safety switch. I do have 12 volts at the ignition switch.

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor 17.5 HP B&S Engine [ 2 Answers ]

Had a bad starter motor replaced replaced start solenoid and magneto. Tractor will now start and run fine for 5 minutes. Or so then die. Won't restart. Also replaced battery and did a tune up. Checked fuel solenoid and it's not shorted or open. Battery is charging when tractor runs. This is...

Sears lawn tractor engine shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

Sears lawn tractor model 917-271815 Engine shuts down when blade is engaged or clutch is released, otherwise continues running as long as clutch is depressed and blade is not engaged. An interlock or other switch has apparently broken. Which part do you think it is? The schematic lists a bunch...

I have a 14.5 b&s Sears lawn tractor it starts easy and runs fine until I engage the [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14.5hp B&S powered SEAR LAWN TRACTOR, it starts easy and runs fine until I engage the mower deck :ie UNDER LOAD, within a minute or two it starts smoking very Badly. Upon inspection I find OIL in the Air filter plenum, if I wipe it dry and restart, it repeats. Is this caused by...

Lawn tractor will not engage engine [ 1 Answers ]

The plastic gear on top of what I guess is the starter on model no.917-257631(craftsman 42') is worn down and Icannot find the part or part no. anywhere

View more questions Search