Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hebzrn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Pointer "jumps" when my computer is plugged in
    I bought an ASUS laptop about a month and half ago. I have noticed that when I am on a webpage, the pointer seems to jump around when the unit is plugged in. When I unplug it, it doesn't jump around at all. It drives me crazy.

Also, when I am typing out an email, or an unanswered question that I posted on here ;) that pointer might mysteriously move to a different part of the page and delete what I have typed OR start spelling out what I am typing on a different line. Does that make sense?

I think I regret buying this PC, but it is too late to return it to Best Buy because the 30-day period expired. I procrastinated. Sigh.
    crickets_91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2013, 11:54 AM
    I'm having the same problem, with my ASUS latpop. It's very frustrating. If my laptop is plugged in (using the original charger, which is only 3 months old, tried different outlets in multiple buildings) then I can't use the touchpad. If I even hold my finger on it, it starts jumping around and clicking things. Re-arranged my desktop in a matter of 15 seconds. It's like having an unruly toddler throwing a tantrum in my computer. On battery it's fine.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 3, 2013, 02:05 PM
    There may be a voltage difference when plugged in that is causing the touch pad to become unstable (too sensetive). Have you contacted ASUS about the problem? Your unit should still be under warranty if it is only 3 months old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

"Script causing computer to run slowly" message [ 2 Answers ]

Why do I have a message "Script causing computer to run slowly. Do you want to stop running script?"

CD Rom & Burner Drives not listed in "My Computer" [ 8 Answers ]

I am hoping you can help me "reset" my drives. A few days ago I could not use my CD Rom drive nor burner as neither would read a CD. I went into the systems folder in the control panel and disconnected both from the device manger. I did this because there was a yellow icon over each drive and...

View more questions Search