Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tasosdem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2005, 02:39 AM
    Network using XP(SP2)
    I have a small workshop repairing computers and I am facing with the following problem:
    I have a PC which has two network cards:one card is connected to the DSL modem and the other card is connected to a hub.I am using internet connection sharing in order for other computers to be able to have access on the internet.So far I didn`t have any problem until recently when I tried to connect a laptop using win XP with SP2,it could`t enter the internet.
    The PC which uses the two network cards has also win XP SP2.The second card has IP address(192.168.0.1),subnet mask(255.255.255.0) and I am using it for sharing folders.On the laptop, I am using the same parameters including Default Gateway where I am giving the IP address of my pc(192.168.0.1) but I can`t have access on the internet on the laptop.
    Could you please tell me what else can I do?

Regards,

Tassos
    :confused:
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Jan 7, 2005, 01:10 PM
    Using ICS
    If you are using ICS to share your internet to different you just have to configure the server i.e you computer having two network cards , on other computers your have to go to the network setting and check the automatic tab of tcp ip address, and the dns tab should be checked automatic , hope it might work, and don't forget to have a look at the workgroup of your computers and the laptop they must having the same workgroup.
    Let me know if your problem solved or not
    tasosdem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2005, 07:27 AM
    Network problem using XP(SP2)
    I checked everything again and they were OK,but for some reason I made the configuration from the beginning on both computers,switched off and then on the hub and finally it worked.
    Thank you for your reply

;) :)
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2005, 02:09 AM
    I notice a lot of people on these boards using ICS. You know several times a year you can find Wireless Routers with built in 4 port switches for $10. Check out www.techbargains.com on occasion. The routers give DHCP and everything.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Mar 2, 2005, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phr0ze
    I notice a lot of people on these boards using ICS. You know several times a year you can find Wireless Routers with built in 4 port switches for $10. Check out www.techbargains.com on occasion. The routers give DHCP and everything.
    This is a bit off topic, but by using a router, you don't have to have the computer that runs internet connection sharing on all the time either, and it is uaually easier to set up port forwarding, plus some routers come with built in firewalls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't network my 2 PC... [ 33 Answers ]

I'm here again :), I want to ask how can I network my two PC I'm not using router, I'm just use a cable I already connected the two PC but seems they don't seen/locate each other does it something about what I'm using? Cause I'm using Win XP and the other is Win 2000... :confused: Please...

How to network my PCs.. [ 5 Answers ]

I thought I know something about networking but when I have to network my PCs, I can't... I need help guys I guess there such thing as series and parallel connection about net working just like in electrical am I right?. Here where it started, from now on I just have 2 PCs, needed to connect... 1...

Xp network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to setup a home network. I have done everything I no how but the status says "Limited or No connectivity" I could use any help anyone could give me. Thanks

View more questions Search