Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nubyus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Monitor goes into self test
    My buddy and I just cleaned his computer and we hooked everything back up to where it should be but the monitor goes into a self test I have tried everything that I can think of to fix it but no luck thanks for the replies
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 7, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Usually the monitor goes into self-test mode when the input loses the signal or if ac power is removed and then restored (e.g. momentary power outage).

Is your computer running when this happens?

Does this happen after computer boots up?

Chck all connections are tight, snug, and fitting properly. Make sure the video card is inserted fully, and any other card(s) you may have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to upgrade my poop monitor but I have no idea where to start, I want a widescreen HD 19+ inch plasma monitor for as cheap as possible, can anyone give me advice? Regards- eric

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I need a service manual or schematic for a CTX color monitor Model VL500. FCC ID DBL1569S. By CTX International, Inc. Help please! Roy Randall Randall Electronics

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

hi my computer screen just jumps in and out concave and convex I think the more settings are wrong, it was stuck on 400x640, I then changed it to 600x800 but it still jumps. any suggestions thanks

View more questions Search