Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MariaP64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2012, 05:42 AM
    Truck problems
    My Leyland Daf 45 registered 1992 drives excellent except after about 40 miles (less in hot weather) it starts to stall. Cuts out when I brake or slow down. The further I travel, the more frequent this happens until after approx 60 miles, I struggle to keep it ticking over. Had various parts replaced. Has anyone any idea what the problem is? Help please.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2012, 08:35 AM
    On diesel engines that will not restart or stall, after they are warmed up, it's often a sign of a tired fuel pump. As they heat soak, inside pump head clearances increase and it will no longer develop sufficient fuel pressure at cranking speed. While it's running, fuel helps cool the pump by carrying the heat away. Therefore, I would check the fuel pressure, when the problem starts to develop. It goes without saying that you need to regularly change all under hood and under frame fuel filters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck problems diagnosis [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2000 ford f-150 that recently stalled out on us. When receiving a jump the vehicle will run as long as the cables are still hooked up, when you take the cables off the vehicles dies, which led me to believe that there was something wrong with the alternator, now when turning the key the...

Problems with truck [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2001 ford f250 powerstroke turbo diesel.when uyou put it in gear it doesn't won't 2 go when you give it gas it starts to go when it goes the struck starts to pop then the fuse blows and the thottle doesn't stop then you can't rev up the engine I think when I was puttin on the tires and...

Truck problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems with my Ford F-150 truck. It will crank/turn, but won't start?

Truck problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 03 F250 superduty 6.0 when driving it cuts out and puffs black smoke,the boostgage maxes out, its been in the shop twice first time they changed fuelpump second time they changed EGR, MAP sensor, ICP sensor, it still does it every now and then. What else can this be?

Dodge truck wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Dodge Truck with a Cummins in it. The head lights went out in it the other day, but I still had marker and running lights. I purchased a new head light switch and installed it but now not only do I not have head lights but I have no running or marker lights. The warning buzzer...

View more questions Search