Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skh13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 03:16 PM
    Conflict of interest
    How can an attorney drop a client after working the case for 5 months, then all of a sudden, he discovers that he has another client that is supposedly involved in the same case and he says it would be a conflict of interest?
    This case in in the state of Virginia, County of Washington.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2012, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skh13 View Post
    How can an attorney drop a client after working the case for 5 months,
    Hello s:

How? Because that's the rules... I'm going to guess that he was PD. If so, you're going to get another attorney appointed to you who ISN'T a PD.

If I'm wayy off track, tell me what you need.

excon
    skh13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 04:19 PM
    Thanks excon,
    Yes, you are correct. This has been going on since February. Today was her 6th court appearance, they dismissed the charge that she actually had done, and are still trying to charge her with 3 things that she did not have. This legal system is a joke, just like these small town cops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conflict of Interest? [ 0 Answers ]

My friend was given an Article 15 in the Air Force. He was arrested on a Friday and then acquitted on a Monday (when the Judge was available). His ex-wife claimed that he had violated a restraining order when in fact he had not (the judge even apologized), but since she filed a claim the police...

Conflict of interest? [ 3 Answers ]

My mother-n-law retained an attorney for a divorce against my father-n-law back many years ago, they ended up remarrying and now father-n-law has passed away. The mother-n-law has his will with her being executer of the estate and she has hired this same attorney to represent the estate probate...

Conflict of interest [ 5 Answers ]

Say there is a Child Support office Attorny that worked with my attorny's office sometime in the past and now I am being servied by that child support office would that Child support attorny be considered conflict of interest and if she handled any part of the support case do I have a lawsuit...

Conflict of interest? [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court today for a careless driving ticket in NJ( written at the scene at an accident). Where both partys were written tickets. I am pleading NOT GUILTY(I have a lawyer). I found out today that my lawyer is also representing the other party too. Can this be done?? I am a...

Conflict of interest [ 1 Answers ]

My husband hired a lawyer for divorce where his sister works as a secretary. Is this a conflict of interest. If it is then what can I do about it.

View more questions Search