Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beach Jean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 07:27 AM
    Garnishment Summons Henrico General District Court
    I received a levy on my checking account for a debt that I did not realize I had incurred 9 yrs ago. My 17yr old daughter also was given a levy on her savings and checking account because when I took her to the bank to get her first accounts, my social security number was attached to it. I do not have access to her account or involve myself in her account at all. She has been saving for college by working. I called the lawyers who took this to court on behalf of who I owe and they said they cannot help me because they represent creditor. Is there some way to get this off her account?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2012, 07:33 AM
    She will have to open a NEW account in her name only... and move the money to it. Anything with your name on it is fair game to be taken to satisfy the garnishment order.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2012, 07:59 AM
    She will have to petition the court to refund the money to her. She will need to prove where the money came from, and prove it came from only her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between circuit court and district court? [ 10 Answers ]

I was asking cause a friend is in jail but the number gave me to call was wrong they told me he had to go to the other court so I had to call that number.just want to know the difference.does this mean they trying to send him back down the road.

Summons from District Court [ 35 Answers ]

Hi there, I had a question. I have a summons to reply to a debt I'm being sued for. I am supposed to reply in the next 20 days. I don't really know how to reply, what to say, or what to do. It's a dental debt, and they are also trying to sue me for an extra $325. And also my ex's name is...

How to respond to a to a summons for law suite in Idaho district court [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons for a judgment for payment on work performed by Service Masters for a frozen pipe and water damage on our home. We must respond in a few days 12. ? It states ( An appropriate written response requires compliance with rule 10(a)(1) I looked it up and seems to be the...

US District Court - Central California: Proposed Order [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings, I was hoping to find out from anyone the normal amount of time it takes a District Court Judge to sign a Proposed Order. We were part of an ERISA litigation due to my father's estranged wife having him murdered back in 2004 for his Life Insurance. She was convicted 11/19/2007 and...

View more questions Search