Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyface7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 08:48 AM
    I quit my job ( had reason)
    I Didn't want to quit my job but I had no choice. Their was a lot of problems all last year. One supervisor was steady on my back. I was steady getting yelled at for no apparent reason. I worked 10 hour shifts as a baker, I always got my job done and my partners job too because he was always late. So the day I quit, I asked my supervisor if I can leave early because the guy I worked with was treating me like , yelling at me, so I was so upset. All the suppervisor said was if you leave it means you quit. So I left. Then I filled for unemployment. When Unemployment phoned me She told me that she just spoke to my supervisor and my supervisor said all bad things about me like I was lazy and couldn't do my job and that I threatened the company that I was quiting and that she confronted me about quiting which was all lies. I never said anything about quiting and If I was lazy and couldn't do my job then why would they keep me for 3yrs. It was me that made money for the company. And I also have witnesses that everything she said was lies. I was wondering if I can sue the company for Slander?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Hello baby:

No. You don't have a right to a job, so they didn't have to lie. They could have just said you're fired and given you NO explanation. But, even though they did lie, it hasn't cost you anything (YET), so you wouldn't win a lawsuit.

However, when you seek another job and give this place as a reference, if they lie to your prospective employer, that IS grounds for a lawsuit - if you can prove it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't get pregnant for some reason! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'am 18yrs old married female that's been trying for the past 7 months now to get pregnant but nothing showing... I really want a baby and no luck is around.:( sometimes I feel like I might be pregnant or I even act like I'm and then when I get tested I'm not... but all I want to know is could...

Want to quit a job [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I have a quick question. I started working in a grocery store about 2 months ago. I am also taking 5 college courses during the evening. I work about 30 hours a week, which I think is too much. I am struggling with my courses right now since I do not get much free time to study. The job...

Is there a reason that I am still single? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi... I am 31 years old! I am divorced with one child. I have been divorced for 6 years. I was in a relationship 2 months after my divorce for approximately 3 years! Needless to say... the last year of our relationship... he cheated! He is now married to this gal and has a child! I truly...

View more questions Search