Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gentle ben Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 12:51 AM
    Help remembering an old japanimation from the early 80's!
    I'm hoping someone can help me to find the name of an old cartoon movie I remember watching as a kid in the 80's. Please forgive the vague details, it's been so long since I've seen it.

I can't remember who or what the main character was (seems like a baby sister type), but there was a cloaked and mysterious elder brother (I think) who had these magic powers bestowed upon him by an evil, round shaped witch. This elder brother turned an old log into a mystical rocket/motorcycle thing he could fly around on.

The witch used him as a henchman to zap people into these square wooden figures that were then stacked up and built into a massive fortress. The main character's family and friends were all transformed and turned into wooden, human shaped blocks. So she snuck into the fortress to confront the witch but had to go through her own brother in order to do so.

I think it ended with the brother turning against the witch, killing her, and restoring everyone to their true form.

Does this sound vaguely familiar to anyone? Please help me to remember so I can stop thinking about it lol!
    adolf_hilfiger Posts: 720, Reputation: 218

Aug 25, 2012, 04:41 AM
    Unico In The Island of Magic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help remembering the name of a TV movie on Nick in the 80's [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone remember seeing a TV Movie in the 80's on Nickelodeon about three aloens that crash their space ship on earth looking for candy (they called it coobie) on Halloween. They Land near a candy factory being threatened by "the bad guy" to be shut down. The movie plot is all about some...

Remembering title for a 80's film [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya, Many years ago I watched a film about 2 young girls who blackmail a rich bloke - something to do with taking pictures of a dodgy deal etc. anyway cut a long story short one the girls shoots the other girl. I've been racking my brains and can't remember the film... any ideas anyone?

Looking for a japanimation movie [ 2 Answers ]

I saw it years ago and was wondering what it was called recently. Don't know the exact plot but it had something to do with a guy losing his right eye while fighting mobsters or gangs or something like that when he was hypnotized by a lady who had peacock feathers or something like that. Weird I...

View more questions Search