Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brittany T Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2012, 01:33 PM
    So I took a pregnancy test at the doctors a week before my missed period...
    Ok so about a week and a half ago (a about 2 weeks after my period) I was spotting light pink, then a few days later I noticed my nipples were very sore and I have lost all my energy, then this week I have been throwing up - I don't seem to be having any of my pms symptoms and my periods supposed to start on the 26th, I just went to the dr to take a test and they told me it was negative but the dr said it could be because I haven't missed my period yet. Any suggestions as to what's going on with me would be great! Im going crazy lol
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 23, 2012, 01:38 PM
    I would take a test again in 3 days if you do miss your period. However most of the test now these days can detect a pregnancy at least 3-5 days before your missed period. When I took a pregnancy test 3 days before it came up pos right away. If you are pregnant it would mean that you are only 3 weeks pregnant (from you lmp) usually symptoms such as nausea don't show up that early. For me it didn't even kick in until about 8 weeks along. A change in the breast was my 1st symptom along with fatigue. If you do miss your period in 3 days and the test is negative the Dr. can run a blood test. Good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2012, 01:40 PM
    It was because it was way ( way) to early, I would be up set with the doctor for taking your money if they knew how early it was, Assume it was not a blood test, that may or may not have showed up

But you need to wait till it is your period week, go though it waiting, then wait one more week, then you test, a home test should be OK, do it first thing in the morning with the first urine of the day
    Brittany T Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2012, 02:00 PM
    Thanks guys! Yeah it was just a pee test at the doctors , the nausea is usually brought on by a smell have any of you taken the 1st response test that's supposed to let you know 5 days sooner or whatever? The dr didn't ask when my period was until after the test , then when I told her all my symptoms she advised me
    To defiantly see my family dr once I've missed my period

Aug 23, 2012, 03:44 PM
    You don't need to wait till you missed your period to take the home test. It will work at least 2-3 days before usually. Although it's best to use your 1st pee to be honest I did not and again I did get 3 pos test 3 days before my missed period. Honestly switch Dr.'s if they didn't even ask when your period was supposed to be.. sounds like they just want your $.

Aug 23, 2012, 03:44 PM
    I took either the ept test

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed pill, missed period week later missed pills again, got my period? [ 3 Answers ]

About last week I missed 4 pills and I didn't get my period for missing the pill and just this week I missed 3 pills and got my period and at first coming out red and now it is coming out brown? But about a week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and thought the reason for not...

Late period, negative pregnancy test [ 0 Answers ]

I'm more than 7 days late, my husband had a vasectomy with no follow up testing 1 year ago, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. What could be wrong?

Missed Period for a week, weird symptoms, negative test. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 15 year old female who's being sexually active for the last month (used a condom every time). I got my period on June 22nd 2012. My expected cycle for the next month was around 5 days before July 22nd (cycle runs about from 25-28 days.. and 4 or 5 days in length). It is July 30th...

Two missed cycles with negative pregnancy test associated with white particles in urine [ 0 Answers ]

My last cycle was the week of march 24. I have had two missed cycles associated with nausea, lower back pains,cramps, slight tenderness in breast especially nipples and sometimes when I urinate I see small white particles in the urine in the toilet. I took two pregnancy test and both were negative....

I have pregnancy symptoms thought I was started my period today 6day late culd I b pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I started my period six days late I started 4days late in nov its now march my periods has been regular I was on birth control for 8yrs been off for 8months been trying to get pregnant for six month used ovalation calender for march we had sex 4-5 days high fertility and on ovalation days had a lot...

View more questions Search