Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amachonis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Confused
    I am writing regarding a concern for my 25 year old daughter. Her periods are every 28 days like clockwork but last month she had unprotected sex during a time when she would have been ovulating. The day she was due, she had some mild cramping and was sure her period was coming but it didn't. No more cramping but many pregnancy symptoms and no period. She was going to take a hpt a week after she was due but after 6 days, she woke up bleeding moderately. Maybe like what she would have during a normal period but the cramping was severe and it was clotty. The bleeding lasted just 2 days then shut off completely. (unusual for her, her periods usually taper off and last close to a week. ) She continued to cramp for another 5 days and had low back cramping as well. (unusual for her) during these 5 days she passed one blood clot that appeared to have stringy tissue in it (quarted sized) and another day a large blob of pink mucous. She feels that she had an early miscarriage but never really had a positive test. Constant headaches throughout this, then after the bleeding and cramping stopped the headache got much worse with bouts of nausea and a constant feeling of anxiety. She has been to her GP twice and was given tramadol and ativan but the symptoms persist. The meds just take the edge off. Very concerned, would love your input. Thanks.
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 23, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Sounds like a miscarrage to me with all the bleeding and clotting. I know you said she went to the gyno 2 times. If I were her I would see them again or go to another Dr. that will maybe do an ultrasound to find out if maybe there is leftover tissue that needs to be removed. Most OB's won't see a patient until about 10 weeks in a pregnancy anyway (unless past complications exist) so even if she did get a pos test there would have been nothing she could have done. Good luck, hope she feels better soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

Confused about what I should do. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, There is this girl I like at school. I just recently met her about halfway through the second semester, when I was helping one of her friends with a problem in class. During class we would talk and make jokes. And she would smile and laugh accordingly. And after about two weeks I found...

Confused about this [ 4 Answers ]

You see I went to the bathroom yesterday, and I saw some blood in my underwear. I know it's not my menstrual cycle because no more blood came out when I went to the bathroom other times of the day.

I'm Confused [ 9 Answers ]

I have this question in my mind My weigh is 30kgs its about 70Ibs My father has told me that I was a small How will you give birth to boys becase you are very thin Days passed and I'm grew up . My mother always tell me how will you give birth to boys because you are very thin I...

Seriously confused [ 1 Answers ]

OK, this is about my best friend, we're close enough to be considered 'together' Its like we're in a relationship without the sexual side of things. I stayed over her house one night last week and left for work early next morning, everything seemed fine, she wasn't acting any differently and...

View more questions Search