Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duncan4395 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 06:43 PM
    IF hourly employee is complaining abut their Manager should another hourly employee
    If an hourly employee is complaining abut their Manager to the HR Director should another hourly employee from a different department be allowed to sit in as "support" to the complaining employee?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan4395 View Post
    If an hourly employee is complaining abut their Manager to the HR Director should another hourly employee from a different department be allowed to sit in as "support" to the complaining employee?

What? A meeting with the Manager and the disgruntled employee wants another, unrelated employee to sit in?

Why?

Union, contract, something else?

Aug 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
    Not wants, was allowed to "support"

Aug 22, 2012, 07:18 PM
    The Manager that was being complained about was not present, just the HR Manager
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 07:28 PM
    No one is automatically "allowed" unless there is a contract or it is union.

The company does not have to allow just another employee to be in the room. In fact it may even not be allowed.

Aug 22, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Should I file a formal complaint?
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 05:44 AM
    should I file a formal complaint?

We need more info - this is like shooting in the dark.

What exactly happened? How do you fit into the situation?

I don't understand the situation.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 23, 2012, 06:36 AM
    Are you saying as obliquely as possible that you are the person being complained about??

If so, sure, file a complaint, but it sounds like a weak case.

Aug 23, 2012, 03:32 PM
    Yes, I am the one being complained about, and I'm Ok with that, what I am not OK with is the employee who reports that complained was allowed to bring in another employee from a different department as "support". Support for what I don't know, I was only told she was there for support. I have 13 employees and this is the only one I ever have problems with.
    But my question is should the HR Director allowed another employee from another department sit in on the complaint as "support" only??
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2012, 03:37 PM
    Yes, i am the one being complained about, and I'm Ok with that, what i am not OK with is the employee who reports that complained was allowed to bring in another employee from a different department as "support". Support for what I don't know, I was only told she was there for support. I have 13 employees and this is the only one I ever have problems with.
    But my question is should the HR Director allowed another employee from another department sit in on the complaint as "support" only????

You are asking about legally and so the answer is unless something in your HR manual, union contract employment contact says "no," yes, this is allowed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee being paid hourly [ 1 Answers ]

When I was hired, I was told that I would be paid salary. 90 days into my job the topic came up again and my company realized that they have been paying me hourly all along. Instead of fixing the mistake the kept treating me like an hourly employee and even though I asked them to pay me like all...

Hourly rate of a salaried employee [ 2 Answers ]

I am needing to figure out an employee's hourly rate by taking his total income from last year, and divide or multiply it by 52 and times or divide by 12... HELP I can't figure out the math... :eek:

Hourly employee loses hours [ 1 Answers ]

If an hourly employee is required to attend a training session and the session ends earlier than their normal work day hours, what is normal pay practice; pay them for their normal work day hours or only the hours they attended the training session?

Can I Take An Employee from Salary to only Hourly [ 1 Answers ]

We have an employee who exhausts her salary pay by only getting less than lets say 32 hours or more sometimes a week. She is nonexempt and gets overtime for anything over 40 hours. She has assistance on the overtime and never does it alone. Can we change an employee from salary to hourly only.

View more questions Search