Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurileevan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Obtaining bankruptcy discharge papers
    How do I obtain bankruptcy dischare paper showing that they have actually been dischared
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
    The court that handled your bankruptcy I would assume. Go to the court clerk with the information you have and ask them for copies. You might be charged a small fee.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 06:32 PM
    The court sends them to you and/or your attorney.when they are discharged

What type of bankruptcy, when did you file, but you can go to the courthouse where you did the case and get a copy of it has been discharged
    mderin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
    There's a few ways to get a copy of your records:

1. Your attorney. They should have received a copy. Some will give you a copy for free, others will charge you for it.

2. The court you filed in. You should have received a copy from them in the first place, but if that didn't happen they will charge you to pull a copy. Their prices are high, and it's not a great plan if you no longer live near the court it was filed in.

3. Research it yourself. You can apply for a PACER account and try to look up your case records if it is recent and the documents were redacted properly. If not, they will need to be ordered from NARA. If you can't get a free copy this is the cheapest option.

4. Have a record retrieval service do it for you. This is the fastest and most convenient option (recent records can be had in an hour or two via email), but they pay all of the same fees to the government you do so obviously doing it yourself costs less money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Obtain Bankruptcy Discharge Papers for Free [ 7 Answers ]

I am applying for a position at a financial company. As part of the application, they require discharge papers for former bankruptcy. I cannot find mine as I have moved several times. Is there a way that I can obtain these for free?

Discharge papers for Bankruptcy columbus, Ohio? [ 2 Answers ]

How can you find out when you should receive your discharge papers

Discharge Bankruptcy Papers [ 9 Answers ]

How Long Does It Take After The Last Bankruptcy Payment Have Been Made? I Had 36 Months To Pay The Debt And The Last Payment Was Made On Nov 8, 2006 I Filed For Chapter 13 In July 2003

Bankruptcy discharge papers [ 3 Answers ]

I am applying for my insurance license and need a copy of my discharge papers- I was still using my married name at the time it was in 1994-1995 I think. I have not been able to find my papers and need a copy-- how do I get this?

View more questions Search