Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jordanberkley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 01:57 PM
    Skip 8th to 9th grade
    I got sent to alternitive school in 6th grade I passed then went to 7th in alt I got EXPELLED I did alt school in 7th again and pass and got sent back to my regular school Now I'm and 8th and supposed to be in 9th I NEED HELP ON HOW TO GET TO HIGH my guidance consular said can't do anything about I just have to be down a grade for rest of my life but I know for a fact its un tru how do I get skipped I'm also making A honor roll
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 02:10 PM
    Really, you know this "for a fact" exactly HOW?

Its NOT possible in most schools... and the only Possible way you will ever be able to do it where it is allowed is to do the Entire 8th grade curriculum BEFORE they would even allow it.

You were held back for a very good reason... you didn't meet the requirements your were given. You don't get a free pass to jump a grade to compensate for it.

The only people I have ever seen EVER jump a grade where it was allowed were exceptionally smart and intelligent students who maintained a nearly perfect 4.0 average. I'm talking geniuses, and not just smart. Do you fit that description?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 22, 2012, 02:20 PM
    First of all, it's the end of August, and you should have been working on this last spring. Second, you can't go about it belligerently. Start with parent or guardian, favorite teachers (the ones you are now getting As from), not just the guidance counselor. I have a feeling you are making demands without doing the slow, careful, polite work it takes. I'm not saying this will get you promoted, but it's the only way you can have any hope at all. If you really have changed, are more mature, AND are a better student, you have to show the whole person to the powers that be.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanberkley View Post
    I got sent to alternitive school in 6th grade i passed then whent to 7th in alt I got EXPELLED i did alt school in 7th again and pass and got sent back to my regular school Now i'm and 8th and supposed to be in 9th I NEED HELP ON HOW TO GET TO HIGH my guidance consular said can't do anything about I just have to be down a grade for rest of my life but i know for a fact its un tru how do i get skipped i'm also making A honor roll
    I'm not sure how you got on the honor roll. Your spelling and sentence structure leave a lot to be desired.

Can you rewrite your question so that words are spelled correctly and there is good punctuation?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 03:46 PM
    You are paying for the consequences due to your actions. Your counselor is correct. You will remain one year behind because you made poor choices in 6th and 7th grades. You need to continue to earn those high marks and have good behavior or you will suffer the same consequences. As a teacher, I know that expulsion happens when you do something really wrong. Why were you expelled?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
    No, you are suppose to be in the 8th grade since you failed.
    And it is doubtful that someone who has failed will be given a chance to advance at this level. There is just too much to do in 8th grade to miss it, There is no way you will know the math requrements.

Most schools will have a policy for it, and normally a test that covers the material that is done in 8th grade.

But you are where you belong because of your actions, there is most likely nothing you can do
    Gummiebear Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 22, 2012, 07:09 PM
    Hi Jordan , I'm gummiebear. I was held back in kindagarten or how ever you spell it lol, anyway I've been there and I try to see what I can do to be the grade I'm suppose to be in. Sadly, I was suppose to graduate this year but because I stayed back I'm a senior this year. I hold 3.0-3.5 gpa, and had gotten honors/high honors for the first time in 11th grade. All I can say is try but more than likely it will not work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I skip 8th grade and go straight to high school? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I'm in 7th grade now, I am a September baby therefore I could be in 8th grade but I started late. My dad and I have been thinking about moving me up a grade. I'm a straight A student and I'm in advanced classes. Is there any way possible (in Arizona) that I could take online classes...

?Why Can't I Just Skip To 8th Grade? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Iam 14 years old in 7th grade turning 15 on march 21st. I got held back in 2nd grade which is fine so I am suppose to be in 8th grade but then I got held back in 6th grade. Technecly I am suppose to be a 9th grader but I'm curious if I can skip the rest of seventh grade and move on to 8th...

I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th [ 11 Answers ]

I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?

What do I have to learn in social studies to skip 8th grade? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to skip 8th grade and I know everything for all the subjects except in social studies, so what do I got to learn? (I live in MI if that helps)

My son,13,is in the 6th grade for the 2nd time. Is there a test to skip to the 8th? [ 3 Answers ]

My son, 13, is in the 6th grade for the second time. He was held back in the 1st grade. Is there a test to skip to the 8th in GA?

View more questions Search