Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mim1667 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 10:25 AM
    Bullet through an apple physics
    When bullet is passing through the apple, the apple skin is in the same direction as the bullet when the bullet comes out, why is this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 1, 2012, 02:52 AM
    How scientific do you want your answer to be? The bullet is pushing whatever is in it's path out of the way, including air, the apple itself, and the apple skin. The skin, being attached to the rest of the skin which is attached all around the apple, breaks forward and outward only enough to let the bullet go by. The speed of the bullet is decreasing through air and then again through the apple and apple skin, and again as it continues on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2008 word on desktop apple/send to apple laptop 2005word and doesn't display, why? [ 2 Answers ]

Document written in 2008 word sent to 2005 word both apple CPUs but document won't translate. Instead it is a bunch of sequential hyrogliphics? What process to Save to lesser update of word so document can open in older version? Or other solution Thank You Rein

Pc monitor to apple mac version 10.4.10, I have a apple monitor already connrcted [ 2 Answers ]

I have a PC monitor that I need to connect to my apple mac 10.4.10. I already have my cinema screen mac monitor connected but want to create a dual monitor environment (for editing on final cut pro)... there are two montior ports at the back... both slightly different.. the free port is slightly...

Bullet Through the Apple [ 3 Answers ]

A 0.5kg apple is placed at the edge of a table, 0.8m above the floor. A 10g bullet is shot at the apple in a direction perpendicular to the table's edge. As the bullet passes through the apple, its speed decreases from 600 to 480m/s. The apple falles off the table. a) Find the apple's speed...

Bullet accuracy [ 2 Answers ]

If I could make a bullet that would spin faster and spin longer while it is out of the barrel would that make a big difference in the accuracy at longer distances.

Bullet speed ? [ 2 Answers ]

Help me settle a bet. If a man shoots a bullet out of a gun straight up in the air, upon the bullets descent when it returns down and is at the same height as it was initially fired what will its speed be? a) the same speed it left the gun Or b) terminal velocity

View more questions Search