Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 09:36 AM
    Tough situation to find yourself in... particularly when you aren't confident enough to be this upfront with your parents.

The risk is you do it in the evening... get a false negative... your period never comes and find out much later you are in fact pregnant.

I just figure this is one of those times you would rather do it right and do it once.

Before they figure this out just by how you are acting... yes we old farts have learned to pick up subtle cues by peoples behaviour, reactions... and changes in their behaviour that the people being watched aren't even aware of ( a lot of us anyway).

That's why I say they might be more aware of things than you think they are... and the longer you drag this out the more likely they are to figure it out.

WITHOUT actually catching you in the loo peeing on a tester. If you see the point I'm trying to make.

I doubt they go through your purse.. and even if it's there a few days, you will likely get a chance to dispose of it soon enough. They aren't very big... they are in fact quite small.

soton-girl Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Tough situation to find yourself in....particularly when you aren't confident enough to be this upfront with your parents.

The risk is you do it in the evening...get a false negative....your period never comes and find out much later you are in fact pregnant.

I just figure this is one of those times you would rather do it right and do it once.

Before they figure this out just by how you are acting....yes we old farts have learned to pick up subtle cues by peoples behaviour, reactions...and changes in their behaviour that the people being watched aren't even aware of ( a lot of us anyway).

THats why I say they might be more aware of things than you think they are...and the longer you drag this out the more likely they are to figure it out.

WITHOUT actually catching you in the loo peeing on a tester. If you see the point I'm trying to make.

I doubt they go through your purse..and even if its there a few days, you will likely get a chance to dispose of it soon enough. They aren't very big...they are in fact quite small.

I was going to re-test at the weekend anyway, whatever the outcome as I'm going back to my flat to pick up a few things, I just can't seem to wait until then :/
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by soton-girl View Post
    I was going to re-test at the weekend anyway, whatever the outcome as I'm going back to my flat to pick up a few things, I just can't seem to wait until then :/
    You are also aware... stressing out over MAYBE being pregnant.. can delay the start of your period sometimes by weeks... and reinforcing your fear of being pregnant... (been there with my wife before many years ago)

One of those vicious loops that feeds on itself.

Aug 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
    You are also aware......stressing out over MAYBE being pregnant..can delay the start of your period sometimes by weeks....and reinforcing your fear of being pregnant....(been there with my wife before many years ago)

One of those vicious loops that feeds on itself.
    Yeah, I've thought about that, but being nearly a week late isn't normal for me (obviously not helped by stressing out) although my PMS has been extremely bad... I'm considering if it's even PMS. I've researched online about pregnancy symptoms and they seem to be identical to PMS ones although I don't feel sick, I just have really bad stomach cramps
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Yeah, I've thought about that, but being nearly a week late isn't normal for me (obviously not helped by stressing out) although my PMS has been extremely bad... I'm considering if it's even PMS. I've researched online about pregnancy symptoms and they seem to be identical to PMS ones although I don't feel sick, I just have really bad stomach cramps
    Wasn't mormal for my wife either... but her Gynecologist back then explained that to us.

PMS is unrelated to a late period... its the cramping and crankiness women are famous for (amoung us guys anyway) BEFORE their period starts. Hormone related and all the other things that go with the whole cleaning house thing with the period.

Aug 22, 2012, 10:15 AM
    Wasn't mormal for my wife either.....but her Gynecologist back then explained that to us.

PMS is unrelated to a late period....its the cramping and crankiness women are famous for (amoung us guys anyway) BEFORE their period starts. Hormone related and all the other things that go with the whole cleaning house thing with the period.
    That's what I don't understand, I have the PMS, which is why I thought my period would come as planned this month, but now that I'm a week late I still feel the same way I did last week
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 10:24 AM
    That's what I don't understand, I have the PMS, which is why I thought my period would come as planned this month, but now that I'm a week late I still feel the same way I did last week
    PMS is PreMenstrual Syndrome...

Premenstrual syndrome - PubMed Health

Some women suffer from it greatly, some not at all... it has nothing to do with your period being regular or on time. That's a separate issue.

Aug 22, 2012, 10:27 AM
    PMS is Pre Menstrul Syndrome...

Premenstrual syndrome - PubMed Health

Some women suffer from it greatly, some not at all....it has nothing to do with your period being regular or on time.
    But for me I get the PMS symptoms then the period, I still have the symptoms just no bleeding. Any idea why I'm feeling this?
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 10:32 AM
    But for me I get the PMS symptoms then the period, I still have the symptoms just no bleeding. Any idea why I'm feeling this?
    That's a question that's beyond my ability to answer. However... as I see it.. is they are two different issues... even though there is a medical linkage between the two... (one usually preceding the other but they can occur simultaneously)...

THere are a number of things that can delay the onset of a period... and not just a pregnancy... but many emotional and physical stresses can do it... the list is long.

I personally think its your FEAR of pregnancy as much as the possibility of one being the two key ones.

Aug 22, 2012, 10:34 AM
    Thats a question thats beyond my ability to answer.
    Yeah, stupid of me to ask, sorry... In all honesty, do you think I'm pregnant?
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Yeah, stupid of me to ask, sorry... In all honesty, do you think I'm pregnant?
    I wasn't there... its hard to throw out a number of the odds. Depends on when the condom came off, how it came off, and if you had to go fishing for it.

It the end of it was hanging out.. the odds go down, if one of you had to go fishing for it... the odds go up.

J-9 and some people believe you can get an accurate test if done correctly this early... I like some others tend to think if you wait until you are a month late on your Period.. you are less likely to get a false negative...

Fact is... nobody can guess. I do think the odds are greater you aren't... but until your period resumes or you get a reliable HPT test result... all we are doing is guessing.

Aug 22, 2012, 10:56 AM
    I wasn't there.....its hard to throw out a number of the odds. Depends on when the condom came off, how it came off, and if you had to go fishing for it.

It the end of it was hanging out..the odds go down, if one of you had to go fishing for it...the odds go up.

J-9 and some people believe you can get an accurate test if done correctly this early...I like some others tend to think if you wait until you are a month late on your Period..you are less likely to get a false negative...

Fact is...nobody can guess. I do think the odds are greater you aren't....but until your period resumes or you get a reliable HPT test result....all we are doing is guessing.
    Thanks for your honesty, I totally agree

Aug 24, 2012, 12:09 AM
    I am indeed pregnant, much to my horror, booking a termination for next week
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2012, 04:53 AM
    Thanks for coming back to update us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy scare or ectopic pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was late on my period for 3 weeks this month, and took 5 pregnancy test confirming I was pregnant. But yesterday I got my period and bleed heavily and tntil today I am still bleeding, but I happen to take another test confirming that I am still pregnant. Can you help me?

Pregnancy Scare [ 2 Answers ]

I got on my last period on December 24, 2011. I have a 32 day cycle. I was supposed to get on by January 25th. I did have unprotected sex around my ovulation, and I have took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Could I be pregnant?

Pregnancy scare [ 4 Answers ]

If me and my mate had sex 4 days before my cycle and sperm got inside of me and I still have not started my cycle is there a chance of pregnancy

Pregnancy scare . [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I had my period oct18 till the 22nd 2 weeks later on nov3 I had unprotected sex I was suppose to get my period 2 weeks later but instead 10 days after unprotected sex I started to bleed not a lot but began bleeding for 5 days. It wasn't like my normal period but I still had it and on the 18...

Pregnancy scare [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to be 20 weeks pregnant and not know?:confused:

View more questions Search