Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muk211 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 02:45 PM
    Paid bail went to court but never got money back. Need help please
    If my girlfriend in jail and I paid her bail $2500 to get out she had a court date we went to it she paid her fines but we never got the money back they said they will send it to us but never did what can I do to get my money back?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 02:54 PM
    I would call whomever you paid the bail to and ask them. If they aren't helpful, call the Clerk of the court where she appeared and ask them, or go to the courthouse in person and ask. Each jurisdiction manages these situations differently, so it all depends on how they have their system set up. If you have a copy of the court order you might need it to demonstrate that the matter was heard and resolved by a judge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you have to sue a bondsman to get your bail money back? [ 9 Answers ]

We have called monthly since the case has closed and they give us run around. Filed a better business bureau complaint which was denied because they can't make complaints towards this company. We've ordered the exoneration paperwork and have given to the bondsman as well. We continue to call but...

How to get bail money back [ 6 Answers ]

I bailed a friend out of jail in Dallas , TX. He went to court and was found not guilty. How do I get my bail money back?

Laws on timeframe for return of bail money paid to the court [ 1 Answers ]

The clerk of the court has told me that it will take 8 weeks for the return of bail (cash) paid. This is excessive in my opinion; are there laws that specify the time in which bail money should be returned?

Back-Payed Child Support [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am 20 years old (male), and I am NOT attending college at this time. My interest is in collecting back-payed child support from my biological father who, instead of staying around for my life, decided to leave the state and flee when he found out that my mother was pregnant with me. ...

View more questions Search