Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    50nell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Repossessing equipment
    I entered into a agreement with a dentist to set-up a dental lab using my equipment and I would produce the dental restorations for his office as an employee. We agreed on a one year contract concerning my employment at $90,000.00 The dentist would buy the equipment 1/2 open setting up the lab and the balance in one year or when/if I no longer was working for the dentist. I was fired two months into the contract. I attempt to contact the dentist for the balance on the equipment with no reply. I repossessed the equipment. Did I have the legal right to take the equipment? Can I sue the dentist for the balance of my work contract?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 50nell View Post
    I entered into a agreement with a dentist to set-up a dental lab using my equipment and I would produce the dental restorations for his office as an employee. We agreed on a one year contract concerning my employment at $90,000.00 The dentist would buy the equipment 1/2 open setting up the lab and the balance in one year or when/if I no longer was working for the dentist. I was fired two months into the contract. I attempt to contact the dentist for the balance on the equipment with no reply. I repossessed the equipment. Did I have the legal right to take the equipment? Can I sue the dentist for the balance of my work contract?

If he was relying on that equipment to practice dentistry and you repossessed it without specific language about non-payment in the contract I think you will have a problem.

If you were fired for no cause, sure, sue him for the balance of your contract. This is asked under Small Claims and in many jurisdictions your claim will be over the amount allowed.

You need to have the same Attorney who wrote the contract review it and the circumstances and give you very specific advice.
    gracieautry Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2013, 02:17 AM
    I didn't know what the condition is in your agreement. I think you will have a problem if it is not in agreement. I will suggest you can take a help of Attorney for specific advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Equipment [ 1 Answers ]

Is equipment an asset, liability, or a stockholder's equity account?

Substation equipment [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between a circuit breaker and swithgear used in substation?

Repossessing a car sold by 2 private parties [ 2 Answers ]

I sold a car in April 2008 to a private party & took the note back. They were to pay $250 per month. Last month received payment on the 21st for the month of October 2008 (due October 2, 2008). This month, I have rec'd no payment. I want to take the car back. The private party is willing...

Parts For equipment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a mtd with front tine tillers that shows built in 1996 model number 216-390-000 and have not been able to get any parts for it from any of the Parts web sites. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

DJ Equipment? [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone could send me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. What I'm looking for is some inexpensive DJ equipment. Primarily an AMP. It's a hobby I do for friends at party's, not looking for High end stuff, just something I can hook my Laptop to as well as a ION DJ Station and a...

View more questions Search