Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdb007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 11:42 AM
    Administrative authority
    I recently acquired a used corporate computer. I need to install an anti-virus software package. An error message indicating "administrative authority needed to install new software". Can this be by-passed or corrected? Thanks, JDB007
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 11:47 AM
    There are ways... depending on your level of computer savy, and if the machine has any forms of encryption.

But it would be easier and better to do a clean reinstall of the O/S.
    jdb007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    there are ways ...depending on your level of computer savy, and if the machine has any forms of encryption.

But it would be easier and better to do a clean reinstall of the o/s.
    Thank you... I will proceed toward a clean re-install of o/s. Jdb007 big help you are!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 11:58 AM
    Just for a few reasons FOR a reinstall. Domain related longin issues on a coprprate machine... small ammounts of corruption that creeps into older machines... trackign info the corp types may have installed might still be functional.

A clean reinstall is going to give you the best functional state you will get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical administrative [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible for a felon to work in the medical industry. Specifically in the office setting.

When the administrative stuff gets to you. [ 1 Answers ]

Remember, you're not the first: Then Jesus took his disciples up the mountain, and gathering them around he taught them, saying: "BLESSED ARE THE POOR IN SPIRIT, FOR THEIRS IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. BLESSED ARE THE MEEK. BLESSED ARE THEY THAT MOURN.

View more questions Search