Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kennethwilkey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 10:46 AM
    How to take flywheel off briggs and stratton 18.5 intek
    The key way has sheared and its stuck together so how do I pull the flywheel off so I can change it
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 12:34 PM
    You will need a flywheel puller. You could concievably fabricate one but not worth the trouble. See web site below. Item # 363, Just example, not necessarily the correct one for your engine.

Look up engine model number and order from that part number.

Parts and Diagrams for Briggs and Stratton 10F902-0111-B1
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 26, 2012, 04:06 PM
    Hi,
    The correct puller is #19203. See item #363 at:
    http://www.odref.com/briggsandstratt...s5516-1102.pdf
    Also from the previous question:
    You must find a way to keep the engine from turning over and then usually with a 15/16" socket loosen the nut. If you do not have the needed puller, back the nut off up to the top of the shaft, take a pair of hammers(one a ball pein), place ball of the ball pein hammer on the tip of the shaft and strike the flat face of that hammer with the other, Something to carefully lever upwards pressure on the outside edge of the flywheel may prove of assistance. Usually one or two blows is sufficient. Do NOT strike the flywheel directly as that will break the stator magnet loose.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is wrong with my 18.5 briggs and stratton intek [ 0 Answers ]

Oil is leaking out of the vent on thefuel pump. What would be causing this?

Briggs and stratton 18.5 hp intek won't turn [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having problems with my parents riding mower for years now. I do not use this mower a lot and they told me they were having problems starting it. At first I thought there was a problem with the starter because it was smoking. It was replaced and then I tried to start it and it started...

Briggs and stratton 14.5 I/C intek [ 1 Answers ]

I need the compression spec for the Briggs 14.5 intek engine. Thank You Kindly Louis D'Amico

Briggs and Stratton Intek won't start [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new Husquvarna LGT2654 (purchased March 29th) with the Briggs and Stratton Intek V-Twin. It's run fine until now. It's been extremely Hot & Dry in the Memphis, Tn. Area and it's been about 3 weeks since I had to cut the grass... Now it cranks and cranks but won't start. I...

Flywheel help on briggs/stratton 13hp snapper [ 11 Answers ]

My threads are knackered on the end of my flywheel for the pull start is there any way to bodge it up even if it means welding a bolt on the top just to hold the flywheel on:confused:

View more questions Search