Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    77rough Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Worried - Periods (Irregular)
    hi.
    I had my last period on the 7th of feb. this is march and I haven't yet started my periods.
    I'm getting married this November and am very stressed out. Me and my fiancé have kissed several times, does that affect periods in any way?
    we have NEVER intercoursed. But have touched each others body parts. =$, the last time in January. But I did have my period in feb.

when would my due period be? And what is the cycle. I'm all tangled up.. I never had an irregularity before, or maybe I'm just too stressed out.
    help!! :confused:
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 12:00 AM
    It is actually quite common to have irregular periods, especially if you are experiencing stress, not eating properly, have undergone weight loss, are physically more active than normal, and a multitude of other reasons. Sometimes there are more serious concerns, such as a cyst on your ovary or a hormone imbalance. Generally you will experience other symptoms and/or your irregular periods would be more frequent. Also, I don't think that you need be concerned that kissing caused you to miss your period!

You don't say how old you are or how long you have been having periods. It does sound like your stress level is extremely high, though, so this could be the reason you are late. If you aren't pregnant (if you are a virgin then you aren't), you aren't on the pill or other medication and you aren't experiencing stomach pain then it's probably just a normal irregular period. If you are experiencing pain or severe cramps then you should see your doctor as soon as possible. Otherwise, I would just wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.

If you continue to have irregular periods, if you are on any medications or if you experience additional symptoms, please make an appointment with your doctor. Perhaps you should do so, anyhow, and learn a little bit more about sexuality and pregnancy. You don't seem to be very knowledgeable for someone who is planning to marry soon. There are lots of great books at the library that you could read about these subjects, too.

Didi
    77rough Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi

You don't say how old you are or how long you have been having periods. It does sound like your stress level is extremely high, though, so this could be the reason you are late. If you aren't pregnant (if you are a virgin then you aren't), you aren't on the pill or other medication and you aren't experiencing stomach pain then it's probably just a normal irregular period. If you are experiencing pain or severe cramps then you should see your doctor as soon as possible. Otherwise, I would just wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.

Didi

Thanks. And yes I'm still a virgin. I don't have cramps in the stomach but I had cholera a few days back. Emm I remember, I took 12-15 sleeping pills in January. Does that relate somehow?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Cholera? That's kind of unbelievable. I presume you mean diarrhea? Anyhow, if you have been taking sleeping pills, I think you should speak to your doctor about your stress, missed period and anything else important.

Good luck!
    CCluvsYA Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 77rough
    hi.
    i had my last period on the 7th of feb. this is march and i havent yet started my periods.
    im getting married this november and am very stressed out. me and my fiance have kissed several times, does that affect periods in any way?
    we have NEVER intercoursed. but have touched each others body parts. =$, the last time in january. but i did have my period in feb.

when would my due period be? and what is the cycle. im all tangled up .. i never had an irregularity before, or maybe im just too stressed out.
    help !!! :confused:
    Periods do change their cycles, its OK and stress does cause for your period cycle to change

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming pregnant with irregular periods [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone I'm name is stephanie and I'm new here//my periods are irregular and I have trouble getting pregnant, my periods usually last about 52 days which is not normal... I have tried about everything possible to try to get pregnant I'm really having a hard time... is there any body here who...

Irregular periods and trying to get pregnant! [ 5 Answers ]

I get my period every month, but they are irregular, meaning that they are not every 28 days or so. My periods range from every 31 days to every 38 days. Each month is different. I have been off birthcontrol for 10 months now and have not had any luck quite yet! Is my ovulation period different...

Irregular periods [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My periods have been irregular for a few months now. I may come on in the beginning of the month then the next month, I come on towards the middle. Is this normal? :confused:

How do you become pregnant with irregular periods? [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been trying to conceive a child for over 2 yrs. I have looked at a lot of sites and they are all the same. Find out when you are ovulating and then do your business like crazy. Well that's a little hard when you have irregular periods and don't know when you ovulate. I can go...

Irregular periods and testing? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, :D I was wondering how you figure out when you should take a hpt if your periods are irregular? My last period started on the 15th March and ended on the 19th, I had un protected sex on the 20th of March and took a hpt on April 7th but it was negative.Im not sure this is accurate as I...

View more questions Search