Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angeliagranger Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 07:31 PM
    I sold my half of my business to a partner.
    I sold my half of my business to a partner. Due to conflict. My boyfriend was in a similar business prior to and during this entire time. I signed a non compete clause with my partner. Does this restrict him from continuing his business? Is he held to the same terms as I am? It states I can't be directly or indirectly in competition with her
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Hello a:

Your boyfriend is NOT you.

excon
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 20, 2012, 10:16 PM
    You haven't said what role you play if any in your boyfriend's competing business.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2012, 04:37 AM
    You can not work for or in your boyfriends business. This does not apply to boyfriend, unless he agreed and signed something also.

Aug 21, 2012, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You haven't said what role you play if any in your boyfriend's competing business.
    I don't play any role at all. It is s

Aug 21, 2012, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You can not work for or in your boyfriends business. This does not apply to boyfriend, unless he agreed and signed something also.
    I am not involved in his business at all. He does all his own buying, marketing, and selling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S Corporation - One business sold and bought (started) a new business [ 0 Answers ]

My friend (an owner of S corporation) closed her old restaurant in Apr and bought/started a new restaurant in June. She was not able to sell the old restaurant. What kind of journal entry should she make?

My partner is separated but the house is not sold. [ 9 Answers ]

He was never married but they bought a house together. She has moved out but the sale has falen through. He still lives there but his ex has stipulated that no-one else is allowed to move in. Is she legally correct?

Effect on the business if one partner wanted to withdraw from the business? [ 1 Answers ]

I need this for my business coursework, it would be great if you could help me with this. Thank You

I have some personal course books which I sold on half.com, is the income taxable [ 1 Answers ]

I have lot of personal course books and other books and some of them I sold on half.com. Is the income taxable and I need to pay taxes. Thanks for your help.

Taxes on half ownership sold to brother [ 3 Answers ]

When my parents bought their home and seven acres of land thirty years ago, they put it in my and my brother's name. My dad is gone now and my brother has moved into the house with my mom and wants to buy my half of the ownership for $45000.00. Will I have to pay tax on this? If so, how much? ...

View more questions Search